Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

1965 Zenith television catalog/brochure

Hi All!

Been browsing this forum for awhile before I joined, and all I can say is: WOW!

I am trying to track down the model TV my family had when I was a child. My parents bought a new Zenith floor model roundie sometime between mid 1965 and early 1966 (trying to get my Dad to track down the original invoice/receipt for the TV - he saves all that kind of stuff!) We had it until around 1979-1980 before it "gave out" and was replaced and put to the curb. I have good photos (slides actually) of the TV, so I know what the cabinet and front of the TV look like (If I can get my slides scanned soon, I will try and post a photo or two of the "suspect"). I have the 1966 Zenith television catalog/brochure, and it is not shown in there, so I think it may have been a 1965 model.

Anyway, I am looking for the 1965 Zenith television full-line catalog/brochure. I have the 1966 version (it is one of those fold-out types) in excellent shape to offer in trade or I will buy the 1965 catalog outright if someone has it as well.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!
Old 07-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Larry Melton (oldtvman)

Check with Ed Reitan

Several years ago I sent Ed Reitan most of my old promotional stuff amounst them were data sheets on new Zenith color sets, maybe he has your set?
Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtvman View Post
Several years ago I sent Ed Reitan most of my old promotional stuff amounst them were data sheets on new Zenith color sets, maybe he has your set?
Thank you Larry! I will check Ed's website, I believe I have it in my favorites list.

The TV I am looking for that that my family had looks to be a 1966 Zenith model (from what I have browsed from photos posted on this forum), but neither the cabinet nor chassis is pictured in the 1966 Zenith catalog that I have.

These pictures are of the same chassis in the TV we had, but in a different cabinet (the cabinet has a similar top, with the little sculpted "ledge" along the back of the cabinet as the TV in the first photo, with similar side trim with the little brass hardware as the TV in the second photo, but different legs than either TV shown, and four small "fake" drawer fronts with brass hardware located on the bottom edge of the cabinet):

Thanks again for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 198zenith24nc31z.jpg (49.1 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg 1868_1.jpg (18.4 KB, 204 views)
Old 07-03-2007, 06:11 AM
mike g

hhm , thats a pretty cool set .
Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radotvguy View Post
hhm , thats a pretty cool set .
I do agree! The Zenith was built like a TANK; I mean, my brother and I used to jump up and on and off that thing, dance around on it, and that cabinet took all that abuse without ever anything breaking on it. I always regretted seeing that set go, it was a beautiful piece of furniture, and as I am learning from this forum, probably made during the last 2 years of the Zenith "roundies".

I am very nostalgic for things from my youth, and hope I can eventually find one of these sets, I just need to keep looking and figure out if it indeed is a 1965 or 1966 model - anyone come up with a 1965 Zenith brochure for me yet?...
Old 07-29-2007, 02:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

1965 Zenith television catalog/brochure

Just a little bump...
Old 07-29-2007, 11:26 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

You might have to give up on that dream of finding the exact set... I'd be content with any one of a dozen cabinet styles from the Zenith catalog, but have yet to find my "dream-roundie", and that comes in years of looking and networking.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
You might have to give up on that dream of finding the exact set... I'd be content with any one of a dozen cabinet styles from the Zenith catalog, but have yet to find my "dream-roundie", and that comes in years of looking and networking.
Oh don't get me wrong, Carmine...I would be interested in any style cabinet, esp. one of the higher-end, solid wood Danish Modern style cabinets from 1965-1966. What I would like is the same chassis/CRT/front control panel styling, etc. Zenith that I had as a kid.

My desire to locate the 1965 Zenith brochure/catalog is two-fold: I would like to find out the model name for the the TV/cabinet we had; and I also would like a hard copy of the brochure to satisfy the "nostalgia collector" in me!

Thanks for your encouragement!