Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:17 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Thumbs down

Sad.... All those tapes ruined....... But not surprising seeing the mentality of the sheeple morons today!!

I say we bring 100 audio and video CDs in front of a red robin and with a hammer SMASH THEM ALL TO HELL!!!!!!!! (Thats garbage worth ruining)
Old 09-30-2016, 06:51 AM
M is for Memory

Looks like all they did is paint some and glue them to a board...As long as they did not rip the magnetic tape out or paint the tape inside there are still ways to play them....I've seen various restaurants and record stores do FAR worse to records in the name of decoration...

Hopefully they used tapes of musicians and styles that nobody likes....I'd guess that almost no one collects Christmas music or classical on 8-track.

I kill 8-tracks with garbage music on them regularly to obtain the parts I need to keep my tapes with good music alive, and have something to record music I can't readily get on 8-track onto.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 09-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Well thats understandable (Using parts from ones you dont like TO SAVE ONES YOU DO)

Yes hopefully thats all they did!!! (Would be nice to think the tape is still inside)
Old 09-30-2016, 01:14 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Hopefully they used tapes of musicians and styles that nobody likes....I'd guess that almost no one collects Christmas music or classical on 8-track.
You're probably right. I doubt they'd bother getting any from eBay, and that kind of crap music is about all I see on 8-track at thrift stores, if they even bother to put them out.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:15 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Slim Whitman's greatest hits? By golly, go ahead and destroy them....

Zepplin, Steppenwolf, Skynrd, Croce, Boz, Seger, Three Dog Night? Please don't.....
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Audiokarma
Old 09-30-2016, 01:36 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Slim Whitman's greatest hits? By golly, go ahead and destroy them....

Zepplin, Steppenwolf, Skynrd, Croce, Boz, Seger, Three Dog Night? Please don't.....
+1
Add Zappa, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, the Beatles, the Doors, ELO, and several others to the preserve list in no particular order.
A friend of mine has Iron Butterfly's "A-Godda-Da-Vidda" on original 8-track, and hearing it on the player in my 78 Lincoln Mark V is making me want to find or make a Copy real bad...That is some good road music!

Last edited by Electronic M; 09-30-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
+1
Add Zappa, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan, the Beatles, the Doors, ELO, and several others to the preserve list in no particular order.
A friend of mine has Iron Butterfly's "A-Godda-Da-Vidda" on original 8-track, and hearing it on the player in my 78 Lincoln Mark V is making me want to find or make a Copy real bad...That is some good road music!
My dad used to have a country medley of hits 8-track tape - and it had Minnie Pearl on it, twice. Funniest lady I've ever heard - clean jokes, but damn funny:

"Old Maid Fundy called the operator the other night screaming "Get me the Fire Department - there's a man trying to break in my bedroom window!"
The operator told her "Ma'am, you don't need the Fire Department, you need the Police!" Old Maid Fundy answered back "No I need the Fire Department - he needs a longer ladder!"

Sure wish I could find that tape again..
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 09-30-2016, 11:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

This bad as those idiots that cut up console TV/Shereo's to make fish tanks or bookshelves plus those people that plaster their walls with 45's and albums.NO I dont want to see my 8 track collection or cassette collection or anything else glued together on a wall somewhere.People dont have any respect for the older generations stuff .
Old 10-01-2016, 03:46 AM
Analogue is Awesome

No they dont..... THEY THINK THIS CRAP NOW IS SO GOOD WHEN ITS PURE UTTER TRASH!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2016, 10:21 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
This bad as those idiots that cut up console TV/Shereo's to make fish tanks or bookshelves plus those people that plaster their walls with 45's and albums.NO I dont want to see my 8 track collection or cassette collection or anything else glued together on a wall somewhere.People dont have any respect for the older generations stuff .
That reminds me of an old episode of a remodel show called 'Trading Spaces' where a designer took the poor guys record collection and papered a wall with it.....I remember making a mental note then "If my folks ever decide to be on that show I have to remember to tell the designers they are forbidden to touch my stuff, and that if they do and they do anything to it other than harmlessly move it they will be killed on camera during the reveal with my bare hands if necessary"...

I don't care much what others do with their stuff (except when they do something as dumb as to be compared with setting fire to a c-note), but if someone intentionally tries to ruin my stuff that will bring out some serious anger form me.

Audiokarma
Old 10-01-2016, 05:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
No they dont..... THEY THINK THIS CRAP NOW IS SO GOOD WHEN ITS PURE UTTER TRASH!!!!!!!!!
Hahhaahha.Yes .Justin Bieber and his peers CD's glued on the wall.Also have a CD burning like what happened in the 1970's with the disco records.were set on fire.I get the glue ready.LOL......................................... .

Quote:
That reminds me of an old episode of a remodel show called 'Trading Spaces' where a designer took the poor guys record collection and papered a wall with it.....I remember making a mental note then "If my folks ever decide to be on that show I have to remember to tell the designers they are forbidden to touch my stuff, and that if they do and they do anything to it other than harmlessly move it they will be killed on camera during the reveal with my bare hands if necessary"...

I don't care much what others do with their stuff (except when they do something as dumb as to be compared with setting fire to a c-note), but if someone intentionally tries to ruin my stuff that will bring out some serious anger form me.
Yes I agree Tom.I think I remember seeing that episode myself.I have a feeling that my stuff will go to the dump and recycle center after I'm gone.As I was at the Goodwill last night.I see most or their album collection has somebodies parents favorite singers like Perry Como,Frank Sinatra ,Ray Conniff which I do like.Very few later artists albums there .I'm so glad that I got my parents,Step fathers and my late sister music collections before my living sister dumps them in the dumpster.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Analogue is Awesome

I went to the store in my area last week and they didnt have any 8 tracks up but there was a board of cassettes up on the wall.... To me thats not as bad!!! (I looked inside a couple of them but the tape was gone)
Old 08-31-2017, 09:19 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Natch! I'd like to go after their flat screens with a 12 gauge Remington 870 and some double ought bucks, now that would be fun.

One good thing about collecting stuff older than we are is that it may gain a decent following in our lifetimes. I have noticed if any 8-tracks are being given away around here they're jumped on faster than you can say jackrabbit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Hahhaahha.Yes .Justin Bieber and his peers CD's glued on the wall.Also have a CD burning like what happened in the 1970's with the disco records.were set on fire.I get the glue ready.LOL......................................... .
I'll bring Sharpies and draw on big mustaches... I'm saying 1911 big... and black out some teeth.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:09 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Never much cared4 8-tracks. Thought they more often than not, sounded AWFUL, they'd ALWAYS change tracks in the middle of the one tune I liked..And sooner or later, the player WOULD eat the tapes. Buddy of mine, there was one he'd ordered, it was pretty obscure, & he hadn't played it in a car at all. His dad came to pick him up for Thanksgiving break, he had a brand new 1975 Lincoln, Jack took a chance & put the tape in &- You guessed it- tape player ate well for lunch that afternoon...
Old 08-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Never much cared4 8-tracks. Thought they more often than not, sounded AWFUL, they'd ALWAYS change tracks in the middle of the one tune I liked..And sooner or later, the player WOULD eat the tapes. Buddy of mine, there was one he'd ordered, it was pretty obscure, & he hadn't played it in a car at all. His dad came to pick him up for Thanksgiving break, he had a brand new 1975 Lincoln, Jack took a chance & put the tape in &- You guessed it- tape player ate well for lunch that afternoon...
That one seems to be the exception to the rule. I have stereos identical to those installed in those Lincolns and others very similar and I don't think they've ever eaten a tape while I've had them. I don't think my Panasonic RS-806US ever has either. Nice big flywheels in all of those, cuts down on wow and flutter. There are some well-programmed tapes that don't change programs during a song. The RCA/MCA carts are among the best but are a b!**h to open, but that rarely needs to be done anyway.
Audiokarma