Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Bob Galanter

CTC4 emblems needed

I noticed today that I am going to need a couple of emblems for my CTC4 restoration.

The "V" chevron located below the "RCA" emblem on the front of the cabinet, located right below the screen, is missing.

I also need the "Deluxe" emblem that was located under the pencile box on the right side of the set.

I have the capability of making a mold from an original, and casting and then brass plating a knockoff of an original if I can get hold of original parts to duplicate.

The process of making the mold is non-destructive and will not harm the original part. So if someone could loan me originals I could duplicate them if nobody has a parts set that these could be obtained from.

I work for a company that manufactures cast metal products, in a process which uses a centrifugal casting method in vulcanized rubber molds. I can duplicate many types of small parts. I have even duplicated a missing knob from time to time and painted them the correct shade of brown to match the existing knob, when a replacement could not be found.

I also have the capability to make RTV silicon rubber molds from an original part and cast plastic parts out of structural epoxy. But this method is more costly.

If anyone ever needs to duplicate a small part and has an original to make a mold from, I would be happy to help out for just the cost of the materials.

Thanks in advance for your help.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 05-04-2007, 11:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

I think the "Deluxe" should be fairly easy to find because it was common on bw models as well. I would assume they would be the same. I bet someone out there has parted one out and saved that. The 'v' might have been used on something bw too but I don't know. Is it just a plain 'v' or the one that has color bars on it?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Old 05-05-2007, 01:59 AM
Bob Galanter

Thanks Vintage,

I discovered I have a set that has the Deluxe emblem on it that I can remove and duplicate.

In order to duplicate the "V" chevron below the RCA Victor emblem, I would need to borrow the actual emblem to make the mold.

The process is to place the actual item between 2 5/8" thick slabs of unvulcanized rubber. The slabs are then placed in a mold frame and vulcanized at 350 degrees for 2 hours in a hydraulic vulcanizing press. When the process if finished, the 2 slabs of vulcanized rubber are seperated, the original part is removed, and an impression of the actual part is left in the rubber. Runners are then cut into the mold to allow pouring the molten metal into the cavity that was left where the original part used to be..

Quite simple actually, if you have the correct equipment. AS I said in my earlier post the process of making the mold is non destructive to the original part. We make molds every day of original sculpted art made by our staff artist who scuplts the original in tooling epoxy. You can mold almost anything as long as it will withstand 350 degrees of heat and not melt.

Thanks Vintage,
Let me know if we can work something out.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com