Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-28-2018, 06:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

RCA Selectavision SKT 090 CED player issues

HI. Thanks for approving me.

I acquired a RCA selectavision CED player model SKT 090. The issue I have with it is the stylus arm does not fully retract to the home position. It stops like a hair short of contacting the bottom micro switch and grinds the gears that drive the stylus arm.

I have to give it a nudge then the machine will load or unload. It counts up fine(i haven't hooked it up to a TV yet). I greased all gears and the metal guide but it keeps stopping and grinding the gears a hair short of the switch.

I notice that when it grinds the plastic track with all the teeth seams to dip down a bit. Could a support be broken and as such when it reaches the end the gears are slipping due to lack of contact? When I got it I was told it needed a belt at the least which I replaced but now I'm trying to get the stylus arm to retract fully without help.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

I don't seem to remember the rack and pinion needing alignment in case it skipped a tooth but are you positive the very end of the travel path is clean?
Old 11-28-2018, 07:55 PM
M is for Memory

May want to look for wires or anything out of alignment it could get hung up on. My RCA SGT100 has a screw that sets the home position...If it can never find the lead in groove you crank it in a turn or so, and if it always starts mid intro clip you back it out a bit...If yours has that screw I wonder if someone cranked it in all the way.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 11-30-2018, 06:34 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Welcome to the site!!

She might have something in the way. Have you opened up the unit and had a look??

Good luck
Old 12-01-2018, 09:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've had it open. I'll double check. I didn't see anything in the way of the path. I'll check for a home position screw.
Audiokarma