Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've seen a few regular Sampo sets around here. I think they were about as good as any other cheap TV of the time. I've seen a few TG&Y store brand sets that were built by Sampo in the late '70's and some of those would still be going after 20+ years. Some of the '80's Sampo's I found had blown up flybacks. Just like the GoldStar and Samsung sets of the '80's.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
VK Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad W. View Post
Well I went back and bought the set today. I figured for $19.99 I couldn't go too wrong... It's a bit rough around the edges, but it works. It's an interesting unit for sure. The best thing about it is that the few people I've shown it to so far had never seen anything like it. It's definitely a fun unit to show.
For some reason, I thought it would be a 19" table top set. Looks to be a 25" console - that's actually rather impressive (and over the top!) Maybe some rough edges, as you say - but a heckuva buy for 20 bucks!
CHARMAINE
Char - RIP - 3-24-2006
Old 11-26-2007, 10:29 PM
··· ——— ···

Actually the color tube is about 19" or 20" and the two small tubes are 5". The small screens each have their own tuner and can run off the main antenna or one or both of them can be used as monitors with their own separate video inputs.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:20 AM
que trabaja pierde tiempo

I think it was a big hole in the water by the Nordmende, I have seen only one. In a window of a shop selling color TV. the spectra sk2 color deluxe study is only a toy expensive and heavy. in practice not used to anything the presence of 3 small screen in B & W. to hear them would be used to monitor other TV programs while you were watching the main color on the screen. It was a beautiful mirror for birds. in adversiting reads: <<a TV designed for the professional who needs to be constantly informed about the various programmes, the color TV is a tool for the journalist, politician, the professional who must be constantly updated and always throughout .... ... but also for most avid viewers here and dissatisfied by having to follow a single program at a time>> you imagine 4 videos contemporaries but especially 4 audio simultameamente listen! that big brick! Indeed in the photo you see off!

Last edited by firenzeprima; 03-10-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

Sampo is a Taiwanese manufacturer but most of the parts should come from South Korea and Japan.
Audiokarma
Old 08-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I have a Sampo 5" color "all-in-one"-TV, Radio, & cassette-& the build quality sorta leaves a LOT to be desired. Still works-for the most part. IIRC, it was made in '81.