Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:55 PM
AK Member

Problems with Grundig SO112 US Console

Just picked up this radio console for cheap and now I want to get it working. Issues:
FM gets nothing. Dial moves, but nothing.
AM gets very few stations and is sketchy about getting both sides to have sound.
This is secondary, I am more interested in this unit as a record player.
Record play kinda works if I help it along. Automatic functions not so much. I know I need to disassemble, clean and lube, but can't get past the first step: remove turntable platter. I'm not sure what/if I have a c-nut and I broke one small screwdriver trying to remove what I thought was it. Could anybody possibly provide some pictures or know of any video that would help me see what exactly I'm looking for and how I'm supposed to disassemble?
There is a tech in town (Chicago) who can work on this for me, but he said it would be a minimum of $125 and that was over the phone so I can only imagine that increasing. If anybody knows a good tech in Chicago (maybe who does house calls?), that could help as well. Pretty much anything could help at this point.

Thanks

I can email pics if somebody wants to see if that would aid aiding me.