Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

Dave, interested in a (modern) black plastic Akai integrated TV/VCR, with remote? TV works, VCR needs work...

Chip
Old 06-08-2017, 09:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

I'll pass on that. I have enough of them. Just the Akai camera/vtr combo. It takes me back to my first days in television.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
You found your Akai fan. Let me know.
Hi Dave ,

I have not yet made a decision about the Akai , but you have my word that if I do decide to part with it , I will give you the first option on it . I have been trying to research it and all I've found was an advertising brochure for it for sale for $90 and a complete working unit for $1900 . In my opinion , since this looks to be missing at the very least it's companion TV , and with the extremely high chance that it doesn't work , I wouldn't think it's worth much beyond being a sentimental display piece and maybe some kind of trade would be better than a cash sale . Anyway , when I do decide whether it stays or goes I'll let you know and if you still want it then we will make some kind of deal .

So I got no local takers on the rusty Motorola ? I'm not looking forward to having to have to bin it , but it may come to that next week as the next storage container is due to be opened then .
Old 06-09-2017, 01:14 PM
M is for Memory

That Sony video walkman is rather cool. I'm half tempted to claim it, but I hear they tend to be non-working, and the price I'd pay for a paper weight walkman may not be worth your time/effort.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-09-2017, 02:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
That Sony video walkman is rather cool. I'm half tempted to claim it, but I hear they tend to be non-working, and the price I'd pay for a paper weight walkman may not be worth your time/effort.
Tom , when I finally get around to checking it's operational status , if it doesn't work (and I'm not inclined to keep it or try to fix it myself if it don't) I'll be more than happy to get it to you somehow so you can part it out or fix it . To tell you the truth , what I'm really hoping for is for someone in my area who goes to the swap meets you gents all go to will stop by here and pick up a whole bunch of these freebies and get them to you guys . Now if the little video walkman does work of course I'll likely keep it , but I've already made the decision that those little 1970s B/W 5 inch Sony sets (I've got 3) , and two more Sony sets of about the same time period but slightly larger , will be going for free to whomever decides to stop by for the rusty Motorola . I will also give those kinda crusty looking Zenith modules (they were in the leaky container but some still look OK) to whomever wants to pick them up as well .

Since there will be more stuff coming , I'll be sorting stuff into the Keep , sell/trade , give away piles and hopefully when the free pile becomes tempting enough someone will come by and rescue it all from the recycle .
Audiokarma
Old 06-09-2017, 07:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wow.What a grab.So far in my life I got a chance to clean out 4 shops .The last one was about 20 years ago.

I wonder if the heads on the Akai VT VTR are still in-tacked.Search this forum and ARF for threads on these.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:03 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Any chance of shipping parts of "rustymoto" Obviously not the whole set, but perhaps cram the chassis, knobs, back, plastic screen, cord, & handle in a flat rate box and let it take a bumpy ride my way? (couldnt hurt it much NOW)
Just curious.....

Ide save that CRT if it tests good, wish i was closer..

SR
Old 06-14-2017, 05:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobtubeman View Post
Any chance of shipping parts of "rustymoto" Obviously not the whole set, but perhaps cram the chassis, knobs, back, plastic screen, cord, & handle in a flat rate box and let it take a bumpy ride my way? (couldnt hurt it much NOW)
Just curious.....

Ide save that CRT if it tests good, wish i was closer..

SR
Hi SR ,

Thank You for the response . I don't want to sound mean or lazy with the "No Shipping" thing , it's just that I know I'd never get around to sending it due to being the world's busiest retiree . I am (was) really hoping some local collector would stop by here , take all the stuff I want gone for free , and distribute it to fellow collectors to keep it from being trashed . There are 5 small Sony TVs , the rusty Motorola , and a whole bunch of Zenith TV modules among the stuff I rescued from being dumpster fodder and my only motivation here is (was) to see the stuff used if it would be helpful to anyone . There are other things I haven't yet listed here for free , an old heathkit Oscope and an old RCA color bar generator among them , and if the stuff ain't gone by summer's end it will end up in the dumpster as I prepare for next spring's downsizing (selling a 4 bedroom house for something smaller & easier for an old guy to maintain) .

Sorry to sound so dour , but it's either local pickup for free , or the dumpster , for this stuff and I really do NOT want to see it binned after I went to the trouble of saving it in the first place .....
Old 06-14-2017, 10:40 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Hehehe, ya cant blame a guy for trying.. I completely understand where youre coming from, I too am on the brink of downsizing my mess and sweating the possibility of having to ship stuff myself. Gee i wish i was closer, lots of stuff my moto could use there in that rusty corpse.. I hope someone comes to their rescue before the dumpster finds em.. CRTs (good ones) and parts for our tvs are getting scarce fast...

Thanks anyhow..

SR
Old 06-15-2017, 08:35 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
it's either local pickup for free , or the dumpster , for this stuff and I really do NOT want to see it binned after I went to the trouble of saving it in the first place .....
Why not load your vehicle with as much as you can slightly before dumpster time and show up at an antique radio club swapmeet, sell what you can and donate the rest to the club? It keeps it from being destroyed, and you don't have to rely on this tiny slice of the collector community to visit you...Heck, you might even make some money.

Audiokarma
Old 06-15-2017, 08:37 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
it's either local pickup for free , or the dumpster , for this stuff and I really do NOT want to see it binned after I went to the trouble of saving it in the first place .....
Why not load your vehicle with as much as you can slightly before dumpster time and show up at an antique radio club swapmeet, sell what you can and donate the rest to the club? It keeps it from being destroyed, and you don't have to rely on this tiny slice of the collector community to visit you...Heck, you might even make some money, find that thing you've been hunting for years (we've all got at least one ), make some new friends and or have a good time..

Old 06-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Motorola Minion

Too bad you cant come down to Kutztown Sept. I would take the Motorola as well and one of those clickers for my 1973 SC600 Zenith.