Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 PM
sampson159

that set rocks!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Wow I guessed right.

Damm I love this old stuff. The set looked so close to my ctc10 too. I use mine daily. I watch all the old shows on ME tv.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

Very nice! I've always liked 'oddballs' such as that. I need to study up on Olympic and their history; I know they were part of Lear, at least in the 60s.

The last place I lived was in the country, backed up to a large tract of woods. I spent a huge amount of time trekking around back there. Once I stumbled upon a dump pile that was obviously used by one of our neighbors, a retired Sears TV repairman. There were remnants of at least a couple roundies, including an Olympic. I should have take pictures. Certainly they're still back there, but considering where I'd have to walk from I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. Every set, by the way, had a very clean rifle shot through the center of the screen.

When you get settled in your new place, let me know...I'd sure like to come over sometime and check out those great sets of yours! Chipper is right down the road from you, and I have a friend right there as well who is very big into early tape recording equipment.

Last edited by bgadow; 08-17-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-16-2012, 06:56 PM
On Land

That set is awesome! Hope you find it easy to get operational.

One of our members (that hasnt posted in quite some time) had a late-50's to 1960 Olympic b&w set with a radio and/or turntable... it, too, was blonde. Had a really cool look just like this color set. Unfortunately, seems I recall he needed a part that couldn't be found and he couldn't really get the set going... however he held on to it simply because it looked so nice.

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
That set is awesome! Hope you find it easy to get operational.

One of our members (that hasnt posted in quite some time) had a late-50's to 1960 Olympic b&w set with a radio and/or turntable... it, too, was blonde. Had a really cool look just like this color set. Unfortunately, seems I recall he needed a part that couldn't be found and he couldn't really get the set going... however he held on to it simply because it looked so nice.
I don't think there should be any real big problems getting the set operational. I've already powered up the AM/FM radio, amp, and phono sections and aside from a lot of dirty switches and controls, everything is more or less functional. As for the TV section....since it's basically a CTC10, there should be parts available for whatever it might need. I'll definitely post some pictures once I get through with it. Only problem is right now I have no workshop, and probably won't until sometime this Winter.
Audiokarma