Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:48 AM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Well about the only thing that rings true in OT&T's version was that he knew I was shopping around to have someone recap a few sets. For a while, I considered having him do it (convenient since we worked at the same place back then) but after hearing how he "fixed" sets by swapping good chassis from bad cabinets, or all the trouble he was having with his own CTC-5, I abandoned that idea. This is the first I've heard of "chasing down" schematics or parts, but if true, I'd probably buy the caps because I still need them. Maybe you have the receipt? I'd have taken that more seriously than threats to reveal my 'secret' identity. You could have told me this tale of woe after you saw the set on Craig's rather than send me a "you are dead to me" text message, lol.

If I really made all those different offers, always escalating the number of sets and then demanding you buy parts, you would really accept that? Who would believe that? No one is that desperate.

I do remember the cash offers which never got over $50 (kind of an insult when he'd tell me how much he was making by parting-out Zenith black dials). The only thing I heard more often was "ask your buddy (other forum member) how to fix _____". I gave you his number and assume you've since mended that fence. Good for you... I told you that your petty feuds and jealousy with (other forum member) were silly. Now that you don't have to worry about the perfect moment to drop your Sanjar bomb, you can hopefully move on with life. Please don't ad me to your weird obsession list with co-workers and ex-friends... I'm not worth it. Just a harmless little fuzzball collecting all those "worthless" Zenith sets, leaving the higher-quality stuff like Predictas and Marlyin Monroe neon signs for you.

Last edited by Carmine; 08-06-2015 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

I'm sad.. it's kinda like when I figured out Santa wasn't real.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:14 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstout66 View Post
I'm sad.. it's kinda like when I figured out Santa wasn't real.
That analogy cracks me up.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4