Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2005, 03:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Talking Another color roundie saved!

I saved my first color roundie!

The story:

A friend of mine called me up on the phone, saying he found an old tube TV in the trash down the street from his house getting rained on. He pulled the tubes, and said do you want the tubes? or do you want me to get the whole TV, and he said that the picture tube looked broken, so thats why he didnt get the whole thing.

I told him to get the whole thing. So, I thought it was an old black and white 19 inch console, or something like that. didnt have my hopes too high.

Anyway, He came over the next day. and as soon as I looked out the door, I about fainted and fell to the ground. It was a zenith, console roundie color TV with a 21FBP22 CRT, no cateracts, or blown phosphor.

My first roundie! Now, I investigated the CRT, and the socket base is crushed into 3 peices. I looked real closely, and NO damage to the GLASS!! Which means the vacuum hopefully is still intact.

But, its pushing me away from it, because it has a CRT brightner hangen down on it, which comes to tell me the CRT is weak, if not dead.

I need the sams and the CRT pinout to test the heaters, for vacuum, and if they are open.

The pins are still intact, but the base is crushed, and I few wires are loose in the chassis.

It is a Zenith color TV, has no back, and the chassis number is: 24NC31Z

I will post pictures when I get batteries for the set.

Well, at least this set was saved from either getting munched into peices by a garbage truck, or getting woodchiped by rain, or turned into a fishbowl.

(I hope the CRT is good, because if not, the project will be condemmed).

And I saved it just in time for these punk kids with a baseball bat that were going to bash it in right before the frined of mine pulled up to get it.

Last edited by mbates14; 01-11-2005 at 04:01 PM.