Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-17-2016, 10:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

VCR Co-Pilot: a record timer in a remote

Picked up this at a garage sale. No instructions, but found a youtube video explaining how to set it up. Small buttons on the top of it are to set the day and time. The big dials set, in ten minute intervals the time to start recording, and when to stop recording. You need to have the cable box powered on and desired channel selected, and the VCR also powered on and tuned to the cable box. TV need not be on. When it's time to start recording, this thing steps thru many record button IR codes, one of which hopefully your VCR will respond to. It doesn't know which code works your VCR; it just plays all 77 or so different popular codes. It takes about a minute to get thru them all. Same thing for stop. It essentially is equivalent to the user pressing record on the VCR's remote, and later the user pressing stop on the VCR's remote.

If you have multiple VCRs in the room, they all will be told to record and to stop at about the same time.

We have a VCR that often forgets its own programming, so this thing could come in handy in using that VCR.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

I heard of that one .I never had one of those or used VCR Plus feature in the VCRs.I find these useless since you cant pad the start and end time like 2 to 3 minutes before the show start time and at the end of the show.Now these days the VCR tuners are useless since you cant record on different channels with the timer setting since now everybody has to use a cable box.Leave it to the numb nuts that dont know how to set the clock and run the timer for VCR plus and no on VCR controls and sometimes no clock on the VCR front panel because the idiots dont want see the 12:00 flashing forever.Sorry about the rant.Have fun figuring it out and let us know how you make out with it.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

The Clapper, Chia-Pet and VCR Co-Pilot. Gotta love the holiday season in the 90's!
Old 11-19-2016, 11:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
The Clapper, Chia-Pet and VCR Co-Pilot. Gotta love the holiday season in the 90's!

I remember those classics along with the Ktel and Ronco album collections .Remember the Ronco record vacuum. "As seen on TV" in the stores like .Boscovs store has a whole section for "As seen on TV" goodies.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:52 AM
M is for Memory

Those things could be had at Walgreens till ~5years ago.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 11-19-2016, 10:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Those things could be had at Walgreens till ~5years ago.
I saw one of those at the G-W a few weeks ago, new in an unopened package, $3.00. I passed on it.