Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Peanut Head

Fartfox has become all but unusable. It used to be my favourite browser....but now it's a bowser!

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

The "friendly" boyz at Mozilla asked me what I thought of their "work of art." At one time, way back when, Firefox was a pleasure to operate. Now I can only tolerate it. By next June I'll ditch this "albatross" permanently. They add a lot of junque, change the way this works and looks then wonders why Chrome is cleaning their clock! At #57 I quit!!!
Old 08-27-2017, 06:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Was there a time the folks at Mozilla and Google used too worked with each other.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

I'm still using FF 53 and all OK no problems. I guess I had best not "UPgrade" if I want to keep it that way.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:45 AM
M is for Memory

FF was rock stable back in 2012-~2014 for me but degraded to crap (especially when they hit their update version every week or two phase)...It's gotten slightly less janky recently, but still has issues. My home rig is orders of magnitude worse than my work rig....Same version of FF but work has far fewer addons (don't need as many).

I'm starting to think I need to strip off all addons on the home system that I don't use much, and try disabling the ones I like that are old and see what happens.

When I first used FF years ago I remember it worked great till I added too many addons and they started fighting each other and crashing it....After stripping that config down to what was useful/stable I had a set up that was rock stable for years.....Haven't had time to do that kind of tweaking for years, but I'm getting to the point of annoyance that I may find the time soon.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 08-28-2017, 11:33 AM
<----Zenith C845

I have Firefox 50.1 on my computer. It works quite well, no problems (with VK or with any other site) to speak of. I don't know why some of the rest of you are having such trouble with VK and FF. Perhaps your computers are full of old, junk files and need to be cleaned. My own system was very slow (and had developed an irritating habit of freezing at random) for quite a while until I recently ran BleachBit. The program found over three gigabytes worth of old files, which of course I promptly deleted.

My system runs much faster since I got rid of all that junk. I will run BB regularly from now on. It is a great program and does everything it is meant to do--and it does it well. It will, conceivably, run on any recent version of Windows and Ubuntu; I don't know, however, if it would run on any very old Windows distribution, but that is probably a moot point since I don't think anyone these days is using Windows XP (!) or any OS prior to it. Microsoft ended support for XP recently and, according to an article I recently read on PC World's website, anyone who still uses this OS is, as the article stated, a "menace to society" and probably shouldn't be online any longer, at least until or unless they upgrade to a more modern operating system. I am now running Ubuntu Gnome with FF 50.1 and have had no problems with it to date.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 08-28-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Every three days I do PM on ALL my systems. Dross? NEVER!!! Any instability is either operator error (yeah, I admit it) or the program is patently unstable. Funny but I've noticed ZERO instability running under GNU/Linux. Why? (Big boxes run Vista Ultimate and 7 Ultimate with lots of ram!)