Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Would be worth it, if you could go back in time & get to hear The Commander absolutely reading somebody the Riot Act.. I don't think he did that very often, but I'd bet it was a Doozy when he did...Reading between the lines a bit about him, I get the impression he DIDN'T suffer fools gladly...
I lit up a (I lost cont) of my corp. reports at work when the buck and responsibility and the beef of a consequence or a business plan execution contrivance I thought may blow up or don't make money and in any case might come to me or the company unfavorably in a big way and they were were stupid about all not seeing the big picture I may or may not clue them on and at that my final admonishing was :

"Get back to it like I told how it's going down or don't come in tomorrow" and they usually knew I meant it

Last edited by broken probe; 08-23-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:17 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken probe View Post
I followed Doug (You tube drh 4683) occasionally in my Youtube feed and considered him "the" Zenith TV collector and a very remarkable enthusiast. I knew he was maybe not able to keep that huge collection and maybe the 60 Impala flat top or not but what ultimately happened to him something unfortunate ? ,no videos uploaded beyond 6 mo ago AFAIK

I thought the late 1930's -1940's Zenith radios and ofc trans oceanics and zenith strats were pretty remarkable broad market and (Zenith STRATS) remarkable limited products ,that is my very high regard for Zenith and I owned and repaired mine , a few of them (no strats ) many decades back in high school and secondary school when folks were giving all that away SRSLY . Never a large collection of anything here ,not my thing but fine for those that do .

TBH TV wise everybody knew US Zenith was among the best like RCA & Magnavox ,and some would say Zenith the best .I considered them 3 equals (my opinion) not a provocation . I had Magnavox and RCA but no noises against Zenith at all .

OTOH most fools didn't know that Zenith only hand wired and long as they did only because they were running broke but given the cheap crumbly PCB for TV's before epoxy PCB that was probably a tangible benefit
those things killed one of my decent picture RCA color TV and I bought a new nice ~@1982 maybe 26" epoxy board Magnavox light wood low boy console MTS stereo 2 side spkr TV but just a TV not a silly combo LOL !

Then Sony Schools them all BIG TIME and for me starting 1994 27" Trinitron and now like my new Samsung 4K HDR 1000 QDOT in the tomb here Samsung is often schooling everyone outside of OLED LOL
Why do I think you are tubetwister, back under a new user name?

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Either that or a pretty darn good imitation. Taken care of