Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2010, 12:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Motorola Quasar parts, updated

Update, parts list and pix attached.
Panels are for 1969 to 1974 sets.

Just found this great site! Lots of good info.

Cleaning out the garage, finally, after 20 years! Nursed an old 1970 Quasar II (tube high voltage) for decades with old chassis' and parts from trade-ins on new TV's over the years. Had three pix tubes in it, too. Finally fried the flyback in 1995. Wife hated the old fashioned 60's looking cabinet, so I broke down and bought a Sony XBR100. First new set I ever bought! Thought I would save all the Quasar replacement panels just for the parts on them.
Realize now if I do want to play with an old radio or TV, I'll just pick up the resistors and caps, etc. I need the space in the garage more.
Soooo, I'm going to go through all the caddy's and make a list, mostly Quasar, but have some RCA XL100 and Magnavox boards, too. Hoping to find someone in the greater Seattle area or Western Washington that might need them. Hate to just chuck them. Some are unused replacement panels, some from working used sets, and a few dead ones. I'lll try and snap a few pix and attach in a day or two. Have to work my through the all my other sacred junk!
I don't want to ebay them, too much hassle. Want to dump the whole bunch.
Have no idea what they're worth, couldn't find any for sale. I'm sure it ain't much. I could even deliver, if not too far away, as I'm always driving around Puget Sound for my biz. Sure something can be worked out.
Thanks.
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0263a.jpg (69.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0262a.jpg (71.2 KB, 16 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt QuasarPartsList.txt (1.2 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by DanKurts; 10-12-2010 at 08:23 PM.