Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

Oh that's heartbreaking! I feel your pain! Years back, I found a neat old RCA Victor color tv, from about 1957. Console model, vertical type design. My friend and I put it on top of his old mail vehicle and brought it here. Parents made me get rid of it quick, so some older man got it and had someone fix it. He was so happy with it until his grandson detuned it from the back. He lived in a 1920s house two towns up, I still wonder if the set is still in there.

I brought a Magnavox color stereo theatre here in the trunk of a 1963 Mercury Monterey two door hardtop. I brought a Magnavox 300 Series stereo console from West Palm Beach in the same car. Brought my two Magnavox tube record player consoles home in the trunk of a '75 Buick Century sedan. Ah well........
Old 03-29-2012, 11:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

I also feel your pain. I have had my share of missed opportunities as we should expect all of us on this list have. It is simply part of the game. I am sure another set in even better condition will turn up.

After all, maybe the biggest fun is that one day we may find a 21CT55 or TRK12 lurking in someone's basement or in a thrift shop.