Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thumbs up weekend finds

So I went to this auction and didn't see a whole lot so we skipped out for a little bit to see an estate rummage sale. I looked around and bought some old coloring books, and kid books. I did not see any tv's. so I asked if they had any old tv's. The lady said no. When I got outside this guy asks me what kind of tv's. I told him 60's on back. Well it turns out he's retired and he does estate sales or he buys them out or something and he had an older zenith on a cart.
So I get his info and he tells me "oh, and I have a console with a record player in it and it has a tv too. You can have that for 10 if your interested. So later in the day I make it over there and For ten bucks each I got, a 80's Space command "in another Thread", a Motorola 23sf3W, and a Zenith 19m21. The Motorola only has the record player. Apparently they did not order the tuner with it. The guy said he turned it on and it buzzed. And someone painted it ugly brown. I was thinking a nice black paint job would look nice on this.
the Zenith was in a small shack that was very damp. I peeked at the chassis and it's got a little rust here and there so we'll see..... I gave him my number in case he finds any more old sets.

On a side note I the guy who runs the local dump goes to my church and he said he would keep a look out for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-05-08_1259.jpg (51.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg 10-05-08_1346.jpg (61.5 KB, 263 views)
Old 10-05-2008, 07:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Nice score !

Which one is this , the Zenith ?

Old 10-05-2008, 09:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yep, this is the second picture I took of it and it turned out bad also. Cell phone pic. I will try to get a better pic.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

What year is it , about a 57-58 ?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

I think it's a 52. But I'm not positive. I went out to take another picture and it was to overcast and my lights too dim in the garage. When I went to turn the set around a little the one side fell off! From the new view of the chassis I could see more rust and rodent infestation problems. I think this set might end up to be a donor.:-( It was still worth 10 bucks !
Audiokarma
Old 10-09-2008, 02:13 AM
VideoKarma Member

I would say 1954-56
Old 10-09-2008, 09:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here is a better pic. If someone has a model number list I guess it would be easy to figure out. the model number for this one is M2250R with chassis number 19M21. And my other zenith which I believe is a 53 is model number R1800E with chassis 19r20.

What's funny about the one pictured here is that it says vhf and uhf yet it only has Vhf.

If you go to
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1950-59-ZENITH.htm
The first one listed for 53 is alot like the one I have except the base is a little different. And the one listed last for 54 looks pretty close to the one pictured here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-09-08_1518.jpg (61.2 KB, 22 views)