Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Bob Galanter

Hey Doug,

They arent going to get cheaper as time goes by, they are only going to get more expensive. At 2400 it is a good investment even with a dead crt. If you want to play, you've got to pay.

But seriously, if you want to have one in your collection, you need to bite the bullet like I did. Now I have two. It was a bit pricy but I am happy I spent the money. After you buy your first one, you will say it was worth it too. It is just hard to drop the initial bucks, but after the money is spent, it dosent hurt so bad once you have the toy in your hot little hands.

Then there is the investment aspect. It will only appreciate in value over the years. I paid less than this one for both of mine. So now I have theretical profit if I should decide to sell. And soon I hope to have rebuilt crt's in my sets too.

If you want it, you just gotta go for it.

Good luck in your quest

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Old 11-10-2009, 08:29 PM
On Land

That indeed was a good price... and certainly is a good investment. We've seen them go much higher. So who's the proud new owner?

He who dies with the most toys still dies.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Now lets see if the same bidder gets the under vacuum 15G too.
Mr p***u whoever you are?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Indeed, I need to bite the bullet. This would have been the perfect one too, it looked excellent inside, very clean and the fact that the CRT was a dud didn't even bother me. Ive restored a few early colors and would like the challange of a CT-100 someday.
I was watching that set sit at $909 or whatever it was at for the past few days, but I knew it would be too good to be true for the set to end for anything near that price. I was ready to put the big bid in at the last second and then my mind flashed for a moment as I figured shipping could be another $500+and then backed off. Thats not to say that shipping costs were my main concern. Then again, I even considered driving out to california to pick it up in person and make a vacation out of it. The furthest west I ever went in my life was Omaha, NE. Vacations are something I hardly ever got to take and I've been so busy with work that me taking a vacation would be out of the question. All I see in life is my basement full of TVs or I'll be at work until late at night. I have been house hunting, so that is really my major reason for delaying the CT-100 purchase.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Now lets see if the same bidder gets the under vacuum 15G too.
Mr p***u whoever you are?
I think the identifiers are assigned randomly, not related to the persons eBay name, so we may indeed see "p***u" again but it is not necessarily the same person.

jr
Audiokarma
Old 11-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

I hope the buyer is in the USA, but if he/she is in California, they will be paying the state a $200+ bounty for their new toy. Then, it would have been cheaper to just have paid the asking price in the ETF classified ad a couple of months ago. It was more than I felt I could afford to put into this hobby right now, but someday I hope to own a CT-100.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 AM
On Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
I hope the buyer is in the USA, but if he/she is in California, they will be paying the state a $200+ bounty for their new toy.
Wow... they really get yeah ya, huh? Glad we don't have a vintage TV tax in Texas!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:42 AM
VK Member

The same bidder who wons the CT-100, tries to win both dud 15GP22. Whether he hopes that he can replace a dud by a dud... perhaps he thinks, in mathematics, minus times minus results in a plus, ... SCNR.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

---

Last edited by andy; 12-07-2021 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:26 AM
On Land

OIC... because he's a business instead of simply an individual.

Audiokarma
Old 11-11-2009, 10:06 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

I'm a legal Texas resident, and the way CA sales tax works, is that you must pay it in CA for all over-the-counter sales. However, if you buy a car, you can declare Texas residency, and avoid the CA tax, but you must have a bonded shipper remove the car from the seller, and pledge to deliver it in Texas. I don't know how it works with internet sales from CA to a TX buyer. When I buy anything on the internet from a non-CA seller, and I have it sent to CA, I get charged CA tax about 1/2 the time. Probably some of that is the seller pocketing it, and some is ignorance/mistakes. I've never had to pay another state's sales tax on a CA shipment, though. I just bought a new watch band over the internet from Orange County, CA, and received it in Ventura County, CA, but paid no county tax for either county. Just the flat CA state tax. County tax jacks up the total as high as 10.75%! The base CA sales tax is 8.25%. The additional amounts are county, city, and district pollution abatement bond taxes, etc. Texas' base sales tax is 6%, but like CA, there are county & city taxes added, making my local sales tax in Dallas (technically Plano, in Collin County), 8.25%.

Charles

Last edited by kx250rider; 11-11-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

---

Last edited by andy; 12-07-2021 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh4683 View Post
$2405 it went for. Very nice. It would be nice to have one of those in the collection someday. However, nothing is more enjoyable to me than my worthless 1960's color TV collection.
I would say that my room full of sets would give me more joy than that one CT100 would. Sure, it would be great to own one, and even greater to own something prewar. But you won't find me buying either on ebay. I'm just not a "high-roller". Someday, maybe, one will turn up locally at a very decent price. My eyes are open.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I assume he's talking about sales tax, which a professional seller will have to charge in Texas too.
I was indeed referring to the sales tax. The high amounts in California are more noticeable to me now because I am visiting Virginia where the sales tax is only 5 percent.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."