Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Administrator

I took a minute, and did a purity setup on a white screen. Took me about 10 minutes, it's as close to perfect as I can get it, which I'm satisfied with.

The convergence assembly does have a pivot on it, and a stationary point. I'm not sure how it would affect anything, but I tried to move it, and I was right....it doesn't affect anything
Old 04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

so if you turn all the screen drives down and turn only the red up, you get a uniform red screen? if so then purity is good to go, next is the static magnets, the 3 around the convergence board at 8/12/4 o clock.. use those and see if you can get the center of the screen cross hatch good. Note the blue lateral will have to be used as well to move the blue from side to side the top blue magnet is up and down, the 4 and 8 move the R and G diagonally. Do the RG 1st then move the blue to match them.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Administrator

I'll be back on this set in a couple days. Just knocked out a '52 Admiral resto, and want to give it some playing time before I button it up.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Now have a new tool at my disposal! Gonna resume this week, and hopefully, get it right

Old 04-29-2013, 12:58 PM
M is for Memory

Couple of years back I found one of those for 2$ at a thrift that had been WELL used. It has been my go to crosshatch generator since. Tip:If it is not working or goes funky pull and reseat each socketed IC....This goes for most heath gear of this era.

Also before doing convergence play with the channel tuning of the generator and brightness/contrast controls of the set for thinnest least blury cross hatch lines. Also the three clip leads for CRT grids/cathodes to allow those switches to turn off guns are a waste of time in most sets IMO.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM
sampson159

i have 2 of these units
Old 06-26-2023, 04:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've been looking at my RCA 19" portable CTC-36 and found this old thread. I'm adding on to this one to keep all the past notes in one place. And great notes they are. My dad bought the set in 1969 as an extra set for his early Super Bowl parties (Madmen in Rockford, IL). I have powered it every few years or so and it still powers with a full raster and a working but tired picture (with color), but not a tired CRT. The 19HNP22 tests like new on my REM tester. The Beltron did not like it but I think the Beltron has issues. The first problem is the service switch. It has rotted out in pieces thus no pix of the set operating for now. I do have a NOS but I think it is for another model with slightly different pin bending on the bottom. It should fit. A sample testing of tubes was an exercise in just order a whole new tube lineup. My plan is to retube first and see where I am as I have everything else needed for a picture. Now I need to figure out how to get the chassis out unless I decide to jumper the service switch so as to not disturb the rest. Any thoughts on that path?. Does anyone have a CTC36 .pdf they can spare? It's a summer project so don't expect overnight news on this one. This one is for dad.