Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Some day I'll own a Zenith roundie, ain't no one gonna stop me when I find one for the right price.
You could say the same thing about CTC-4's...in fact it's true in your case!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM
M is for Memory

YUUUP! Though a thing (money) almost did stop me (man I love Christmas and the many good things that come with it).

If something I've been wanting or really like is available for the right price, and is practical for me to transport I tend to go for it. Though space lately has been a major consideration.....Perhaps I need some kind of SciFi-ish spatial expansion device.

If my folks offer on a good sized house goes through that should do me on space for awhile, and I'll have all my stuff in one place for the first time in years so I can get everything in a line up and pick stuff to sell without worrying that there maybe one I like less in storage. Not to mention the side benefits of being able to run my stereo full tilt without bugging folks in neighboring apartments, and erecting out door antennas.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
I hope you don't mind me posting them here. If it's for whatever reason a problem I will gladly delete.
I don't mind at all. The more the merrier! As far as losing interest in the 5111, I really didn't lose interest, but I need room to even move around the TVs and radios that I have compiled over a number of years. I posted all this stuff for sale in the classifieds section of this site and a ton of people ended up wanting pictures sent to individual email. I had no idea that as many people would be interested! So, I had to direct everyone to pictures already existing in this thread. VK will not allow duplicates. Unfortunately for me more people are interested in this one set than are interested in what I really need to move and that's a few 40s-50s TVs and radios. Ya just can't house them all and the unfortunate reality is sometimes you end up having to give them to Goodwill of something where they will end up as fish tanks or in the dumpster. I would never do that with certain items, but there are a lot of TVs that are nice and desirable to the right person, but you have to have the right person willing to come and get them. I would never donate the Zenith, the RCA 8T-243, or the radios. I can sell the radios probably locally at a flea market if nothing else. TVs are always harder to find a buyer for and sometimes you can't even find a good home for one free of charge. I tried for a long time to find a home for my super clean 24" 1958-9 Zenith Space Command and it's still sitting there. The set would not be what I would call common by any means as it is NOT a 21" and IS an early remote control set. For a long time the big collectors only wanted to talk about 40's "roundies" and the 50's sets were basically nothing, time is moving on and it's time the better looking 50s sets got more recognition I think. Actually, I have always liked them better. They are generally easier to repair and far better looking IMO!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Kevin, I believe I have a spare tricolor on-off-vol knob laying around that might fit that set.

Some day I'll own a Zenith roundie, ain't no one gonna stop me when I find one for the right price.
Hey Tom, if you have a real nice adjustment door you might want to keep it in case you ever end up with my set! Mine is there, but it has a few wrinkles in it....
Old 02-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubejunke View Post
Hey Tom, if you have a real nice adjustment door you might want to keep it in case you ever end up with my set! Mine is there, but it has a few wrinkles in it....
The control door on my set has a couple wrinkles too. I think they got left open and turned into little suicide doors for the cat to hit.
Audiokarma
Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 PM
M is for Memory

I do have a spare door from a Zenith color set of unknown model. I don't recall it being bent, warped, wrinkled, or what have you, but I do believe that it may be dirty or scratched.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4