Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sansui CT-0110 digi camera 1996

Back to the vault with another vintage digi camera as I dug out my Sansui CT-0110. The original battery is long gone but the charger has a DC port to go to the camera and borrowing a Panasonic DV cam DC cable it came back up with an old photo of my long gone cat Pepper. The generic battery I have is on the charger for fun but I don't have hope.

It still works on all its functions. Camera, playback and off air television. Who thought this was a good idea? The camera has a mechanical ND iris and a NTSC tv tuner long obsolete unless I crank up a modulator for fun. The sub-mini to serial cable is around here somewhere but it only works up to Windows 98. I'll skip that and use the NTSC 1/8" video port for future. I may have the original software if anyone needs it. It is all it can do. It works. I forgot where I bought it. My Sony Mavicas from earlier have been restored to the tune of 30+ caps each. What did Sansui do right? I can find no other live one on the interweb.

The CT model # I think is a hidden honor to the RCA CT-100 and the Panasonic CT-101 sets. Just my guess. And if you search the Sansui you will find a German website with a great history of digi cameras. Not just photos but detailed history.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sansui CT-0110.jpg (57.9 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 07-14-2020 at 09:13 PM. Reason: text
Old 07-14-2020, 08:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

A digital camera with a built in TV, neat! And made by Sansui

I've this old Afga digital camera that uses AAs and a smartmedia card, I would use it for the lulz if I could find my smartmedia reader.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Not exactly made by Sansui. By the mid 90's, Sansui was fading in the high end audio market and licensed out their name to Orion which is the real mfr of this camera along with many other names they licensed at the time for legacy brands and store brands. Kinda like Polaroid and Westinghouse today.
Old 07-16-2020, 08:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Got it. I figured out a way to get photos from the little thing minus the digi port. It has a 1/8" NTSC video out port which I used via adapters to my WinTV dongle for off air. It has a composite input and it found the pix and I got a snapshot. The Pepper cat pix is saved.

The video grab is about 60% video level of the real photo so I had to bump it up to a good exposure. This problem is actually mentioned in the software "readme" file.

I also used the WinTV to look at my early 2" disc Mavicas which upsets the WinTV. The Mavica is playing back an analog photo on a spinning disc and all the instability that comes with that. Think VHS playback from a 2" disc. It chokes and you have to grab a snapshot when it looks stable.

The WinTV is a great way to do analog grabs without editing software and conversions and a quick way to do VHS xfers at 480.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pepper fix.jpg (78.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 07-16-2020 at 08:46 PM. Reason: text
Audiokarma