Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

maggies I am sure were hits with the housewives trying to get the furniture coordinated. My fav was the roundie combo with the tambor doors.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:19 PM
60s Throwback

Like this?
Old 09-27-2014, 01:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Well I have the amplifier working on both channels now. Replaced some of the caps and the output transistors on that channel. Replaced the filter cap in the -15volt line for the radio. AM performance seems ok, but FM is not as good. Low audio and stations are not comming in on the correct dial location. Looks like I will need to check the transistors in the front end, and it seams the alignment is off.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Further update. I replaced the RF amp transistor and that got the FM sesitivity back up. I touched up the OSC adjustments and now all the stations come in at the right location. As for the low audio on FM, I replaced both coupling capacitors on the multiplex board. Now FM will rock the house. There are still some caps I will need to replace, then I will touch up the alignment, but for now the old Maggie sounds really good. I will move on to the changer next. Anyone have a good cartridge and stylus for one of these just in case?
Old 09-27-2014, 10:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

I have mine on right now, replaced all the electros, really sounds nice. The 12" paper cone and horns sound very nice.
Audiokarma
Old 09-30-2014, 08:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

I'm glad you saved it. I'm still looking for a color entertainment center like these.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:47 PM
VideoKarma Member

Pulled the changer this evening. I gave it a good cleaning and lubrication. I got the tonearm hight adjusted so that it taps the records right. It now drops records and shuts off correctly. It is tracking at 3.7 grams. Think I will leave that alone. It actually sounded better after playing a few albums. I am sure it had not been played in years. I do need a new stylus though, and the idler will need to be replaced, but for now it is working fine. If anyone has a stylus or idler, I am interested. It has the grey cartridge. The label with the model number was not readable, but it is covered in Sam's 848 folder 5. That covers the 602 through 608 series. I will start on the TV next, but really no hurry until I find a good CRT.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:36 AM
BigDavesTV

Glad to hear that the changer is working properly now, those are nice record changers, I especially enjoy putting stacks of 45rpm's on them! For the cartridge and stylus, I have had good results with West-Tech Services, they are in Kent, OH, try:westtechservices@yahoo.com Best of luck on the TV and finding a usable CRT!
Old 10-08-2014, 07:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

I will check out West-Tech. I think all i need right now is a new stylus. It sounds good right now, I think it would be a little better with a new stylus. It really was not in bad shape. I will be on the look out for a new idler. As for the TV, I could pull the chassis out and use my test jig to get it going. Without a good CRT lined up though it would be a waste of time and money. I am confident that a good CRT and the funds to purchase it will cross my path at some time soon. I think the ETF has a couple, I may check on those. There is always the possibility of swaping one out of my other sets. I will save that as a last resort. The tube in it is a rare earth FBP22. It would have made a great picture.