Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

the one lead of the can is + and the base of the can is soldered to the chassis and thats how i put the new one clipped the 1 wire and the diodes put them to + on the new cap and grounded the other lead. dont make sence to me...
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

ok i got it as the cap was in wrong and i traced it to the neg side of the output transistor, so its positive ground. i dont have a schematic for this unit. well the astro sonic sounds really good but the speaker selector switch has both, external, but what does INT stand for.

Last edited by timmy; 02-13-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

INT is Internal.

That was good that your backward capacitor(s) only vented and did not go ka-POW! I have never blown one up but I heard stories from co-workers who did after they put one in backward.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 02-13-2012, 08:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hello Int means the speaker that our in the console itself,,, Timothy
Old 02-13-2012, 11:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile

..so the INT means the speakers that are contained in the console.. Sure means that in our console.
Audiokarma
Old 02-13-2012, 11:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Talking

I mistaked and put a litic cap in a stereo peace the wrong way +.
But really I was lucky I didnt have a lytic explosion when I was starting out.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Wink

this stereo is strange because can caps i thought were all the same and the cap had no special markings to indicate positive ground. so this cap had 2 in the one and the 2 leads we assume are positive but in this case they were negative and this is where i went wrong. so according to what the speaker switch shows is that if you switch to both, then this means the internal speakers and external speakers will play or switch to external then it shuts off the internal and leaves on the external, did i get it correct this time,lol...
Old 02-14-2012, 12:43 PM
60s Throwback

You are correct.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:58 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've always loved the Maggie entertainment centers. I started doing TV repairs on a few of them, and was given a few to strip... I'd sure like to have those stripped sets today! Look forward to seeing a picture of the turntable. The Collaro built Micromatic was great. I never tossed a turntable out of a Maggie, either. They got used in projects because they usually worked fine after a tad of oiling.

Have you checked out the circuit breaker on your set? Are you getting B+ ?

When I first opened my shop, I had the misfortune of having 3 Maggie Entertainment Centers all at the same time come in for service. I couldn't move in the repair shop area without running into one. Long story short, I wound up owning 2 of them. Replaced CRT's on both, cleaned the controls and tuners and sold both of them and never saw either of them again. I like to think they are still playing somewhere...

Good luck with this, Timmy

Bruce
Old 02-14-2012, 05:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesuser01 View Post
I've always loved the Maggie entertainment centers. I started doing TV repairs on a few of them, and was given a few to strip... I'd sure like to have those stripped sets today! Look forward to seeing a picture of the turntable. The Collaro built Micromatic was great. I never tossed a turntable out of a Maggie, either. They got used in projects because they usually worked fine after a tad of oiling.

Have you checked out the circuit breaker on your set? Are you getting B+ ?

When I first opened my shop, I had the misfortune of having 3 Maggie Entertainment Centers all at the same time come in for service. I couldn't move in the repair shop area without running into one. Long story short, I wound up owning 2 of them. Replaced CRT's on both, cleaned the controls and tuners and sold both of them and never saw either of them again. I like to think they are still playing somewhere...

Good luck with this, Timmy

Bruce
who knows maybe this set is one you sold. finishing the cabinet little more on the stereo tuner then the tv chassis.ill post pics when its done. tubes, breaker, caps, resistors left to go on the chassis and solder joints all have to be done yet.crt was replaced with an rca hylite and tests very good so it should look good. and i also got a spare flyback should i need it in the future.is there any secrets i should know about these maggies besides the stereo tuner being positive ground, i found out with a venting cap. the turn table runs but it needs a needle which i may have one and also needs cleaning up as well and the center spacer to play 45s is missing which is the only thing missing from the whole set.

Last edited by timmy; 02-14-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Lessee some before pictures!! Ooh, Ooh....
Old 02-14-2012, 09:13 PM
60s Throwback

If you know which 45 spindle you need, I may have one available.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 AM
VideoKarma Member

heres the old lady befor anything.

Last edited by timmy; 04-24-2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

T, if you show a picture of the turntable, we can find you a spindle.

Your set looks alot like my B/W console.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

I may have a extra spindle we could deal on post that pix on this sight if you do not mind.I would appreciate it.. Timothy
Audiokarma