Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > International Vintage Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Japan market rare television score!

Saw this one on eBay, made an offer to a somewhat local company that does electronics recycling, and won it for a song

This is a Toshiba Regza 20GL1 from 2011. It was the very first 3D HDTV ever made with no glasses required, and was only introduced to the Japan market...never brought to the US. Here's a press release from Toshiba about the set:

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/2010_10/pr0402.htm

The controls, being labeled in Japanese only, took me a little bit and the help of a couple friends to figure out. Many of the functions are controlled with the remote, which I unfortunately don't have....yet.

It wouldn't work on standard cable, and I figured out why. I had to investigate how TV in Japan works. The reason it won't work with cable TV is that it's not designed for that. The cable inputs are designed for the Japan CS1, CS2 and BS satellite bands. It's got 4 HDMI inputs and a couple I've never seen. All I had to do was plug in the HDMI out of the cable box, and done! WOW what a picture!

To those who have never seen 3D TV, it's more like a depth effect....the feeling that the TV is more of a window on a house rather than stuff flying out at you. It may only have a 20" screen, but I now own a very rare Japan market 3D HDTV!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_4959.jpg (69.8 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4951.jpg (72.1 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg 100_4954.jpg (16.9 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (38.3 KB, 174 views)