Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

New game show channel

I found a new channel on my cable tonight called Buzzr. It is a vintage game show channel. I am not sure if it is a cable channel or a HD sub on some local station. It looks to have all the shows that the Game Show Network used to have. Are they still around?

All the suspects are on the air. I watched a first season Let's Make A Deal with TK41's looking a bit subdued. Not the glorious color they could do. The show was so simple in the first year. Lot's of kine's, early color and late color. Fred Allen is on now as a panelist on What's My Line hosted by John Daly. The shows I have seen have original commercials and then the new commercials.

Now is an episode of I've Got A Secret that is previewing a new show called Password. 1961 I think. Kine.

The air quality is spectacular on the episodes I have seen.

Last edited by Dave A; 07-03-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: text
Old 07-03-2015, 02:12 AM
jbattles

We have it over the air on channel 5.3 in Atlanta market. we had it for a month or 2 and I love it. on Sundays they play monster garage, family feud match game.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:11 PM
<----Zenith C845

It isn't on the air yet in northeastern Ohio, and I'm not sure when (or if) it will be. Even if it does appear on OTA TV here, I don't know when it will be on streaming video services such as Roku, Google TV, et al. These services often wait quite a while before adding new streaming channels. For example, I don't remember how long it was before Roku started streaming Antenna TV (the TWC TV app, TW's local TV streaming application does now, though).

Do the same regulations regarding carriage of cable TV channels apply to streaming video services as well as to cable itself? It took Roku a long time to get all the major streaming channels on its TWC TV application, and it may be months, even a year (!) or more before the service adds Buzzr TV. To date there are no game show channels being streamed on Roku; I don't know about Google TV or Apple TV. I'm thinking the reason TW Cable and Roku do not yet have Buzzr TV is that, as I mentioned above, none of the local Cleveland TV stations are yet carrying the network on subchannels. We just recently got LAFF TV on a subchannel of ABC channel 5 in Cleveland, so there may be more such channels in the works. Buzzr TV may well be coming to this area, but when and on which station's subchannel remains to be seen.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.