Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-29-2023, 02:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Tim. The “cherry drops” capacitors in there are pretty cheap, Chinese knockoffs I got in a multi-pack kit off Amazon. I tested them before I soldered them in and they were in spec and not leaky but I’m wondering if changing them out would help. The Wima high voltage caps are the standard replacement caps for that area and should be ok. Then there’s the pesky resonance spring around the HV rectifier Bob messed with a video or two ago. I believe it is in the correct place but I’m suggesting whatever I can to help out!
Old 04-29-2023, 03:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Hi Tim. The “cherry drops” capacitors in there are pretty cheap, Chinese knockoffs I got in a multi-pack kit off Amazon. I tested them before I soldered them in and they were in spec and not leaky but I’m wondering if changing them out would help. The Wima high voltage caps are the standard replacement caps for that area and should be ok. Then there’s the pesky resonance spring around the HV rectifier Bob messed with a video or two ago. I believe it is in the correct place but I’m suggesting whatever I can to help out!
Hey Chris the hv spring is good because the hv is at 6 kv I also checked the hv caps they look good I’m coming away from thinking they might be a problem. I sent you an email give me a ring when you have time.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

The hv I lowered to 5kv max is 6kv and 3kv is recommended so it’s at the happy medium.

Last edited by timmy; 04-30-2023 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2023, 07:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Does anyone have an idea if this ts-4h has channel 1 or is it just 3-4
Old 04-30-2023, 10:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey Chris I’m done with this moto I have had it playing for about an hour with no issues and I’m probably going to let it play for another hour. And Chris the nut on top of the hv cage now has a period correct nut, LOL.
Audiokarma
Old 04-30-2023, 11:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy View Post
Hey Chris I’m done with this moto I have had it playing for about an hour with no issues and I’m probably going to let it play for another hour. And Chris the nut on top of the hv cage now has a period correct nut, LOL.
Thanks so much Tim! I bet you’re done with it! I can post video of it running once I have it back. Check your PayPal for my thanks and gratitude for your lengthy efforts!
Old 04-30-2023, 12:48 PM
RCA 741PCS

Quote:
Does anyone have an idea if this ts-4h has channel 1 or is it just 3-4
2-3
8-9
10-11
12-13

So what was the final fix?
Old 04-30-2023, 01:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
2-3
8-9
10-11
12-13

So what was the final fix?
Oh there was lots to be done lots of soldering bad connections I literally went over everything. The final was the vertical size 2 4.7 meg resistors at 6sl7 were new but the actual solder never made a connection it looked ok but it wasn’t and other numerous resistors. L39 was open that’s why there was no video.

Last edited by timmy; 04-30-2023 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2023, 02:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Oh there was lots to be done lots of soldering bad connections I literally went over everything. The final was the vertical size 2 4.7 meg resistors at 6sl7 were new but the actual solder never made a connection it looked ok but it wasn’t and other numerous resistors.
I’m so ashamed😩😩😩😩😩
Old 04-30-2023, 02:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I’m so ashamed😩😩😩😩😩
Lol stop no shame here what’s the big deal after all you said someone else was in there no big deal we all run into odd stuff 😂 Chris I sent you an email.
Audiokarma
Old 05-01-2023, 10:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Thanks so much Tim! I bet you’re done with it! I can post video of it running once I have it back. Check your PayPal for my thanks and gratitude for your lengthy efforts!
Well it got to me in less then 2 days you should get it maybe Tuesday definitely Wednesday and looking forward to seeing the video set up and working.