Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-08-2003, 10:14 PM
...enjoys spaghetti.

Introduction

Hello to everyone in the forum! Just thought I'd intoduce myself since I've been lurking for a few months now. Captainmoody told me about it a few months back when I ran into him at a Detroit-area estate sale (he was buying a rectangular 60s RCA and I was admiring an old Magnavox Astro-Sonic console).

(BTW Capt', that 1969 Avacado Green Kenmore 900 washer you gave me is still doing its thing!)

I'm 30-years-old, and have been a "collector" of old stuff (TVs, radios, cars, appliances, etc.) from a very young age. This probably had something to do with growing up with my grandparents, who's home is nearly a museum of 40s-50s-60s stuff.

My main electronic focus is Zenith, although I'll pick up just about anything unique, especially if it's headed for the big dumpster-in-the-sky.

I've got about a half-dozen old TVs, but just one "roundie". At one time I had three, but I parted them out (saving the CRTs). This was just before the internet took off, otherwise I would have found homes for them.

Below is my Zenith, which used to belong to Captainmoody. Ironically, my color set has no color. A minor problem to be sure, but I haven't had much time to investigate. I'll try to post some more pictures of my sets as I get time...