Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

Silvertone

Back in July I found an ad on Craigslist for a Silvertone Wire Recorder. The guy selling it didn't have a price listed and said to "Make an offer". The cabinet according to the pictures, it needed work. He had been storing it inside a storage unit and needed to clear out of the unit. I tried to get him to give me what he was wanting for it and he would just say to make an offer. I ended up throwing a low offer of $40. He came back with that was too low. I tried to get him to come back with an offer, but he wouldn't. I couldn't get him to respond to me. A month later, he sends me a text saying he would sell it to me for the $40. This was the day before we were leaving to go to California for a vacation. I told him I wouldn't be able to because of the trip and would be gone till the end of the month. When I got back from the trip, I sent him a text. I didn't hear anything back. But somehow the ad was updated that very day. Two weeks later, this past Sunday, I ended up texting him, since the ad was again just updated. He responds a couple of hours later saying I can have it for the $40. We make plans for me to pick it up yesterday, Monday. I now have it at my house.

As you can see by the pictures the left door is not on. I do have the door. The record player had been changed at some point. There is a total of 25 wire spools and a little booklet that tells what is on each spool. Bunch of paperwork. The paperwork I have pictured is all that is in relation to the Silvertone. The "bunch of paperwork" I mentioned is in relation to other radios/tvs/records.

Old 09-15-2015, 09:21 PM
M is for Memory

I have that same model with correct changer, but no paperwork....I paid $45 for mine (pre-restored without tubes) then over twice that to populate it with loctals. It's a good set....Add a TV to it and it would have had basically every marketable function that year.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4