Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-11-2023, 07:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hey everyone, My name is Mike and I am a fan of old TVs. I have no brains when it comes to electronics s o I defer to the experts. I have only 2 TVs a portable porthole and a console porthole. I also have my first VCR I ever bought. It cost $1162.00! I bought it when they first came out. LOL It weighs in at about 40 pounds. Magnavox VHS.

I came upon some Riders TV Manuals that I want to preserve. Are they of any interest? I have 1 complete set of TV Manuals 1-27, I have a partial set only missing a few. I also have 2 sets of Perpetual Troubleshooters complete plus a few extras. I know these are available online, however I like the tactical experience of paper. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post them in classifieds. I live 2 hours from Chicago and 1 1/2 hours North of Indianapolis. Willing to meet or someone can pick them up here. Media rate isn't to bad for shipping USPS.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:14 AM
M is for Memory

Welcome.

Physical riders are good because many of the scans out there are so low resolution as to be illegible.

My Riders radio and TV collections are down a few books yet. I live in the Milwaukee suburbs, but occasionally drive down to Chicago for radio swapmeets, I also need to drive to Cleveland for a TV some time in the next few weeks. Once I recount my TV manuals I may see if I can buy what I'm missing from you.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 05-11-2023, 06:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Tom,

Thanks for the welcome! I would be happy to meet you in South Bend which is on your way, or you can come here. up to you. Let me know what you need!

Mike