Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-20-2004, 02:24 PM
heathkit tv

I have no idea who could print those posters, I thought you said you have a friend in advertising and assumed he had a source to do this.

Anthony
Old 01-20-2004, 02:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looks great, I want one

Please count me in for a poster and/or shirt transfer
Thanks!
Old 01-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by heathkit tv
I have no idea who could print those posters, I thought you said you have a friend in advertising and assumed he had a source to do this.

Anthony
Well yeah, but this would be for posters only and for a limited number.......depends on how many we want done.
Old 01-20-2004, 07:50 PM
RocknRoll

I'm not an ancient TV nut or anything but that picture is pretty cool. Great job Kam.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:09 PM
heathkit tv

The more I think about this........if you were somehow to get a known artist to recolor it (from the original B&W) then he/she could legitimately add their name to it.

Then a limited run of snazzy prints could be sold thru a gallery (I know someone up near lah dee dah Marin CA)

Not that you'll get rich, but just end up with a couple more bucks to buy old TVs with (why anyone would want an old TV escapes me LOL)

Anthony
Audiokarma
Old 01-21-2004, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Now here's how it was done:

"The final version was converted to 300dpi CMYK. The examples you see here are "board-safe" and had their quality levels dropped to meet posting requirements.

For you Pshoppers out there, I duped the image and converted to grayscale. Auto-corrected the contrast and copied the layer into the color image .psd file. With the B&W layer on top, I used the Magnetic Lasso for the bulk of the selection and deleted the "gray" selection area resulting in the color one below showing through. There are hundreds of ways to work in Photoshop to achieve the same results. This is just my way but not necesarrily the best though it took less than 30 mins. For tight selections I used the Eraser (anti-aliased) and blew the image up 800% for the fine tuning. There will still be pixelation occuring in the final poster due to the low resolution of the original but I tried my best to make sure the larger size doesn't accentuate errors on my part."
Old 01-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Banned

Kam,

I'd like a poster as well depending on cost.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Please count me in too, I just love that picture. I had the full color version as my desktop wallpaper for a while.
Old 01-21-2004, 04:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Kam,
I don't mean to put a damper on the RCA CT-100 poster idea, but, I went back to the RCA site and rechecked the downloadable picture page. It was perfectly fine for me to use the CT-100 photo for my not for profit web page. How ever RCA/Thomson's "terms of service" frowns on using or duplicating the photos for profit as in trademark infringment ect. I can't post the RCA site but if you send me your web address I'll forward the page to you and you can decide: Stevetek@webtv.net
Old 01-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Well to be honest, I never wanted to make these things for profit....I just figured if I could get 20 or so run off just for us AK folk, and enough to cover the costs involved, everything would be cool
Old 01-21-2004, 08:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Kam,
Believe me, I never thought you were going into the poster business. Just thought I'd make you aware that the legal eagles are out there. If you go ahead, I'll be most happy to purchase, frame and hang one of those above my CT-100
Steve
Old 01-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Okay, just got the CD in

Here's a way to get around the copyright issues and get posters quickly

Email me at audiokarma@aol.com and I will send you the hi-res redone pic, which is a 563 KB file. Then go to www.photoaccess.com and upload the pic and have a poster printed. I just had one done off the old pic and it turned out amazing! Ignore what it says about pixelation, no worries

I recommend getting it done in an 18 x 24 inkjet glossy poster, with shipping I believe I paid $17.00, and it came in a nice poster tube on high quality glossy stock. Of course they offer bigger sizes and more options. I also have the same pic in an enhanced full color version and one just in black and white if you wish.