Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:53 PM
I like....big sparks!!

Well, Larry,Rob & KC2EDH...looks like you guys are #s 33, 34 & 35 respectively. Thanks for checking in!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

I mostly read the TV forums here, so I missed this topic until now. My ham radio activities have included a bit of almost everything over the past 17 years, from packet to kit-building, from HF contesting to repeater coordination. My favorite mode is... ATV

No real antique amateur equipment in my shack, though. The nearest would be Heathkit HW-101 and Drake TR7 HF rigs from the 70's. I also have a couple of 40's TV sets made by National and Hallicrafters that would fit well with their ham gear of the same era.

-73-

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 11-06-2008, 01:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
My ham radio activities have included a bit of almost everything over the past 17 years, from packet to kit-building, from HF contesting to repeater coordination. My favorite mode is... ATV
Wonder if any hams have set up any digital ATV. "AHDTV"? We'd need an MPEG-2 encoder feeding an ATSC digital TV modulator, and output it onto the ATV frequency up around 432 or so MHz in our band up there.

DTV repeaters would be interesting. Just demodulate the ATSC RF carrier to the digital MPEG bitstream, then remodulate it to another ATSC carrier. Or just heterodyne the received RF to move it to the new channel without demodulating it. Oh, I'd have a demodulator at the repeater site to use to sense the presense of a signal, to control the transmitter.