Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

Westinghouse H840CK15 Owners

I think I have most of the owners in our database, but I don't know who bought the one from Harry Poster a couple of years ago, or who bought the one that was in Danny Gustafson's collection.

If you own a set, please either post here or send me an email:

info@earlytelevision.org

There are two serial numbers: one on the back and CRT shield, which usually start with MW. The other is on the rear side of the chassis, and usually starts with ME.

I am missing several numbers, and some of my contact email addresses are bad. Could everyone who owns one of these sets please get me their serial numbers?

Thanks very much. I will report what I discover from the numbers.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 AM
VideoKarma Member

Maybe some owners don't want to be in your database...

Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

That is possible, but I haven't run into that before. The information in the database is confidential, other than the summary numbers that are posted on our website.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

I used to participate in the database with my CT-100s and a few other color sets, but honestly, I've found that it has caused arguments amongst some fellow collectors, as far as former owners 30 or 40 years ago, feeling that they should have an interest or rights somehow to certain sets now in other hands; or are sore at what they sold a set for in 1975, and what it resold for in 2000x. I know it's being petty, but I know that at least 50% of color sets in the hands of at least 3 CA collectors, are off the radar for that reason. Models and quantities are known by most fellow collectors, but not serial numbers in those cases. *All of the CT-100 cabinet numbers from the 5 or 6 sets I own or have owned in the past, are known on the database.

Charles
Old 07-15-2013, 02:49 PM
VideoKarma Member

Since our database is confidential the issue that kx250rider talks about isn't a problem. We have most if not all of the sets owned by the collectors mentioned by kx250rider in the database, though we got the information from people other than the owners.

The advantage of being in the database is that from time to time we have information about a particular set we can pass on to owners. Also, we occasionally hear from people who need information on a particular set and we can poll owners to see if they can help.

As an example, we heard from a museum in the DC area that was looking for a collector who would be willing to loan a set for a display. We polled all the owners in the database in the DC area to see if any would be willing, and one generous collector agreed.

A final reason to be listed is that sometimes we are approached by collectors who are interested in buying a particular set. We poll owners to see if any are interested in selling, and if they are we put the potential buyer and seller together.

All communication is done via individual emails.

Last edited by Steve McVoy; 07-15-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Audiokarma