Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:40 PM
M is for Memory

I can't edit my posts, much of my user profile, and it seems my PM box is not usable....Can someone fix this?

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Administrator

I don't see anything wrong....screen shot what you're getting.....
Old 08-23-2017, 06:38 PM
M is for Memory

First pic is what I get when I try to edit anything in my profile, second shows there is no edit button for my posts, third shows my PM box (0 messages allowed WTH?).

I've ignored this for a while, but it is becoming a substantial nuisance.
Attached Images
File Type: png issuesEditAvatar.PNG (72.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg issuesNoEdit.jpg (117.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg issuesPMbox.jpg (121.6 KB, 21 views)

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-23-2017, 07:03 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
First pic is what I get when I try to edit anything in my profile, second shows there is no edit button for my posts, third shows my PM box (0 messages allowed WTH?).

I've ignored this for a while, but it is becoming a substantial nuisance.
Yep, your account is fudged up.. Had to deal with this when I used to run a proboard.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Don't see anything wrong, so I shouted out to Wardsweb.....
Old 08-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Administrator

Should be all fixed now, have a look and let me know....
Old 09-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

I can't upload attachments or make additions to my profile album, I get the following "Forbidden" errors:

You don't have permission to access /newattachment.php on this server.

You don't have permission to access /album.php on this server.

Edit: funny, it worked for the thread I just made and Wardsweb hasn't even read my message.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-19-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Drop a PM to Wardsweb. I can't see anything wrong in the Admin console that would cause it
Old 09-19-2017, 12:20 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

At this time Wardsweb hasn't yet read my message but I found the problem on my own, turns out the board was choking on the apostrophe in a file name. Two other photos uploaded successfully, so I tried the problematic photo again and still stalled out. I renamed the file and it finally took off.
Old 03-05-2023, 07:49 PM
<----Zenith C845

Videokarma.org site error

Whenever I try to log in to Videokarma.org using the Microsoft Edge browser, I consistently get an error message: "Your connection isn't private. . . ." Is there any way I can log in to this site using Microsoft Edge without constantly getting this error? I would like to be able to have a desktop icon on Microsoft Edge which will connect me to Videokarma.org without seeing this error. It doesn't seem right to me this icon should be causing an error anyway.

Thanks much for any assistance.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.

Last edited by Jeffhs; 03-05-2023 at 08:02 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 03-05-2023, 07:51 PM
<----Zenith C845

Whenever I try to log in to Videokarma.org using the Microsoft Edge browser, I consistently get an error message: "Your connection isn't private. . . ." Is there any way I can log in to this site using Microsoft Edge without constantly getting this error? I would like to be able to have a desktop icon on Microsoft Edge which will connect me to Videokarma.org without seeing this error. It doesn't seem right to me this icon should be causing an error anyway.

Old 03-05-2023, 07:55 PM
<----Zenith C845

Whenever I try to log in to Videokarma.org using the Microsoft Edge browser, I consistently get an error message: "Your connection isn't private. . . ." Is there any way I can log in to this site using Microsoft Edge without constantly getting this error? I would like to be able to have a desktop icon on Microsoft Edge which will connect me to Videokarma.org without seeing this error. It doesn't seem right to me this icon should be causing an error anyway. I should be able to log in to VK with Microsoft Edge without constantly seeing this error.

Old 03-05-2023, 08:27 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Using Edge, I get the exclamation point in a triangle with "Not secure" up in the URL field, but no message in the center of the screen, same as with Chrome. Can you detail exactly the steps you are using to accessing the site?
Old 03-05-2023, 08:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

That error is simply because they don't have an https version of the site for encryption, basically whatever your password is, it can be read in plaintext when you log in, that's the primary downfall to the lack of https (if you happen to use the same password elsewhere, which I don't usually recommend doing anyway). Whatever we type here in public obviously is already public, but also things like DM's can be read as well during the network transfer. That's why Edge says this, but I never get this popup and I use Edge as well on Windows 11, most I see is "Not secure" in the top left, nothing ever more.
Old 03-05-2023, 08:45 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_tv_nut View Post
Using Edge, I get the exclamation point in a triangle with "Not secure" up in the URL field, but no message in the center of the screen, same as with Chrome. Can you detail exactly the steps you are using to accessing the site?
The message I am receiving is "Your connection isn't private." The message goes on to explain the site could be accessed by hackers, etc., which stops me dead in my tracks. There is also a message detailing the hazards of logging in to the site; however, it does give the user an option to log in anyway, again with a warning that the site could be accessed by hackers and such.

I simply would like to log in to the FCC's license renewal site so I can renew my amateur radio license. I do not want any trouble with this when the time comes to renew the license in just over a year from now. What ever happened to the option the FCC used to have for amateur licenses, in which the licensee could renew the license literally any time before it expires? Now they are making licensees jump though hoops and everything else, just to renew the license. I could renew my license by mail, using FCC Form 605; the way things are going with online renewal, this could be my only other option. I may use that option anyway, as I am fed up with having to go around in circles.

However, I am thinking I may be worrying for nothing. After all, it is nowhere near time to renew yet, since my license will not expire for over a year; in fact, if I try to renew now, I may get a message online to that effect. Doesn't the FCC have a system whereby they will alert amateurs with licenses about to expire that it is coming close to time to renew? If so, I would like to know about it. As I mentioned earlier, I would rather not apply for a new license if I can avoid it.

Thanks and 73,

Last edited by Jeffhs; 03-05-2023 at 09:10 PM.
Audiokarma