Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-31-2023, 12:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Seems to be perfectly fine.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:55 PM
VideoKarma Member

So I finally got the 1 MEG pot to try fine tuning the Focus Voltage.

I hooked up the Focus (F0) to the wiper, and then I hooked up one end of the pot to the F2 terminal (500V), and the other end to F1 (Ground).

To my surprise, the focus looks the clearest when it's all the way at 500V, but it looks better with the pot hooked up this way than it does with the Focus (F0) hooked up directly to F2

I'm assuming here that this is because I have essentially have a 1 Meg resistor hooked up between the 500V source for the Screen pot and GND

This seems to have the effect of lowering the overall brightness quite a bit (meaning I then have to turn up the Screen to compensate), but it then gives me a lot more headroom for the Picture control, and I can turn up the Contrast (Picture) more before the whites start to bloom.

Is there some reason not to just hook up a 1 Meg resistore between the 500V source and ground at this point?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2024, 06:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

The potmeter was there for factory adjustments to compensate for CRT variations, but it seems that you got a CRT with optimum focus voltage just right with the supply value, so is not really necessary if is working well at the moment. The issue will be only in the future, if CRT changes a little, then will not have how to readjust it.
That said, probably the CRT stands with the current value for years.