Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > VideoKarma Classifieds

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

wow! that's nice to hear , that's probably what happened to miniman82 package, and why it was a nice box of loose glass .. i guess all we can do is wait for the invention of the transporter .
Old 11-11-2017, 06:53 PM
sampson159

i ve personally shipped approx 30 crts cross country with not one damaged.i shipped a seeburg selector mechanism approx 150 miles that looked like it had been run over with a forklift?received several items damaged beyond repair.again,like it was run over with a forklift or truck.ups was very good about a claim but fedex.ohhhh!they wouldnt pay because of the box size.packed in the wrong box.it took approx a year but finally was compensated.i hate to file a claim.would much rather have my item delivered safely
Old 11-11-2017, 10:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

I sold a 10" Admiral wooden console with the stipulation that I would not ship it; the buyer asked me to drop it off to the nearest UPS Store. Weeks past...he never paid for it & they wanted it gone, could I come & pick it up, no charge? It was nicely packed, at least on the outside, with no signs of trauma. As I loaded it in the van I could hear something rattling around inside. I soon discovered they had necked the crt just in packing it.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Restoring an admiral c322

Well if shipping is a sin then I guess anyone around me could just pick it up instead.

Admiral C322C2 Regent (Restoring)
RCA CTC-7 Pensbury (Restored)
RCA CTC-5 Westcott (Restored)
CRA CTC--4 Director 21 (Restoring)
Old 11-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Workin' Late Again

At your young collecting age you should place that in your CRT vault and save it for a rainy day.
Audiokarma
Old 11-13-2017, 04:07 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
At your young collecting age you should place that in your CRT vault and save it for a rainy day.
Quite true. I've got two spares, one strong and one decentish, and one set that is starting to need one....It would take a stupid big amount of money to make me think of selling either. If you use your sets a lot, then one day you'll need it. The more roundy colors you have the more spares become worth keeping.

What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Reading between the scan lines since the mid 2000's.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Quite true. I've got two spares, one strong and one decentish, and one set that is starting to need one....It would take a stupid big amount of money to make me think of selling either. If you use your sets a lot, then one day you'll need it. The more roundy colors you have the more spares become worth keeping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Is the NOS tube installed in the set and working ?

If yes , sure I can see selling the surplus one . But ! If you haven't yet put the NOS tube in and actually seen it work , you could be shooting yourself in the foot big time if the NOS tube turns out to have some unseen defect or other .

Remember , NOS or new anything else , there ARE a certain percentage of all products that show up brand new , factory defective , and unfit for service . Selling the known working tube before verifying the new one works perfectly is taunting the CRT Gods in ways they shouldn't be goaded .....
Well , that makes three of us with cautionary tales of not selling off a somewhat rare/valuable tube .....
Old 11-15-2017, 08:15 PM
Restoring an admiral c322

Then I guess I'll just hold on to it then. I have 2 more roundie jugs so I guess I'll just keep adding to the collection...

Admiral C322C2 Regent (Restoring)
RCA CTC-7 Pensbury (Restored)
RCA CTC-5 Westcott (Restored)
CRA CTC--4 Director 21 (Restoring)
Old 11-24-2017, 12:10 AM
Another CT-100 lives!

Regarding CRT shipping, I have received 21FJP22/21FBP22s from Texas and Ohio, and shipped a 16GP4 to Washington state and a 10BP4 to New York, and all arrived safely. What did they have in common?

They were all shipped by Greyhound Bus.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."