Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
You won't get anything in analog anymore, even with a deep-fringe area antenna, because there is no more analog TV in this country. The FCC ordered all analog TV stations to switch to digital just under six years ago, and low power translator stations will be required to switch before the end of the year.

Unless you live in an area cut off from local TV signals by mountains, etc. you should be able to receive a few DTV stations with an antenna. I live in a low-elevation area (610 feet ASL, above sea level) some 35 miles from the Cleveland TV transmitters and get excellent reception on all but two stations, using amplified rabbit ears (the two stations I don't get still operate on VHF DTV channels). The only way you can get TV reception on your old analog sets is to get cable and connect it directly to the TV. This will work until your local cable provider tells you you need a cable box to receive anything, as Comcast has done already and Time Warner will be doing in the near future (in fact, every cable operator in the U.S. except TW is fully digital), or else use a converter box and an antenna.
My bad.I know that and will aware of the changeovers .I word it wrong.It should say I dont receive any of the current DTV signals.Hahahaha It was late when I post this message .Yea with the mountain issues.

I got one one channel 10 which is about 7 to 10 miles from here and the rest is on UHF.