Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-09-2022, 12:51 AM
VideoKarma Member

Samsung un58tu7000f cycles on and off

Hi Members.I was given this Un58tu7000f Samsung that cycles on and off.you can hear the sound,see a raster on the screen(no information) for a sec or 2 ,two flashes of the power led,then it shutsoff.turns back on in a few seconds and repeats. There is only a signal board and a power board.I unplug the power going to the signal board and backlights stay on.no cycling. Then I reconnect the signal board and unplug the output to the panel,it stays on with sound and raster.then I tried disconnecting one side of the panel and it stays on with sound and raster.it looks like its the signal board but I don't want to order one without being sure. Power board is bn44-01054c.signal board is bn- 9415565k. The tv was made aug 2020.Just curious what does the forum think? Thanks RonL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg received_2969043186733173.jpg (88.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg received_991169951655264.jpg (97.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg received_533623471496607.jpg (79.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-09-2022, 07:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

Check caps on power board.
Old 11-09-2022, 08:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

If it stays on with half of the panel disconnected, then the panel is probably bad. Last one I had like this I could reconnect the panel connector while the set was on and get a partial picture for an instant.
Old 11-25-2022, 02:35 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi Members.finally got back to this set.I checked all the electrolytic caps on the power supply board with my esr meter, all checked good. I then powered the set with one side of the panel disconnected. As usual,it stayed on with sound and raster( no image in screen).while the set was on,I reconnected the remaining side of the panel and saw a full picture for a second before it started cycling again.I repeated this several times to make sure all of the picture was there.each time picture looked good before it cycled.I'm still not sure if its the panel or signal board .any thoughts? RonL
Old 01-13-2023, 01:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronl View Post
Hi Members.finally got back to this set.I checked all the electrolytic caps on the power supply board with my esr meter, all checked good. I then powered the set with one side of the panel disconnected. As usual,it stayed on with sound and raster( no image in screen).while the set was on,I reconnected the remaining side of the panel and saw a full picture for a second before it started cycling again.I repeated this several times to make sure all of the picture was there.each time picture looked good before it cycled.I'm still not sure if its the panel or signal board .any thoughts? RonL
I've seen several dozen TU series Samsungs with bad displays. During the short time it runs, see if you can see very thin black lines running horizontally across the screen. If you can see these lines, the display is junk.

John
Audiokarma
Old 01-14-2023, 12:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi John.no black lines that I could see when i reconected full panel,but picture only came on for a sec so could have missed that. This set is on the back burrner for now.RonL