Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

Thank you very much!

I appreciate the info!
I heard Bonanza was broadcast in color since '59.
It is very cool to think of the pretty lady still doing her thing to this day.

That is a great shot of the camera.

Can somebody identify that camera and the year it came from?

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:56 PM
roundie not so n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Brady
1. but the history behind the sets and anything about the many TV men seem to be uninteresting to them.
2. I am very surprised to not find more written that would indicate much concern for anything outside the products and their values.
3. I believe I like this electronic stuff for all the same basic reasons most here do but I mainly like having something to present to other people to start conversations.
4. In other words The stuff I take from here is to help me interact with other people for entertainment and to learn how to be a better person. I expect some of you reading this agree that I need help in that area.
1. i hate that. i like to know what went into the products I use
3. yeah. it's really fun, especially with "weird" stuff like fixing TVs, to find another fellow TV geek to talk about stuff liket his with
4. mmhmm
Old 11-18-2006, 05:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Its doubtful that many of the 300 imported sets would have survived, because Brazil adopted their own unique PAL variant (PAL color on M system video).
I'd presume these sets would have been straight NTSC if they were off the regular production line.

A conversion to PAL or simple PAL on a NTSC roundie would likely be a thread on to its own.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Banned

Doubftful but possible!

I figured out how to find any of the remaining original 300 sets!

First, I could get small "Wanted" posters printed with the different models that were originally imported. Then, I could got to all the small towns in and around Brazil posting them in the areas were the poor people would see them.
Of coarse there would be a reward.
I suspect that there are still some old poor people that have them either because they like the look of the cabinet to put things on or some may be smart enought to imagine that someday somebody will pay money for it!
Old 11-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Larry Melton (oldtvman)

40 to 50 years ago

Old 11-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Banned

OK you "Doubting Thomas"

My roundie came from a home that remained unused and furnishised from 1973 to about 2005.

Stranger things have happened and will keep happening.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:39 PM
console lover

Quote:
...I could got to all the small towns in and around Brazil...
Of coarse there would be a reward.
That's one way to blow a trust fund....
Old 11-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Banned

If I had a trust fund

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Roper
That's one way to blow a trust fund....

I wouldn't use it to look for sets in Brazil until after I find the ones left here in the USA. I wish I could try to find the roundies that still may exist in some of the beautiful condos built in the 50's & 60's here in southeast Fla.
That is the biggest challenge I am faced with in my life right now.

In other words, I have been unable to forget about the fact that many great people are leaving this world every minute of everyday and I am certain that many of them have answers to every question I or anybody else may need.
Answers that could help me do more with my life than simply satisfy my own needs and wants. Somehow it has been burned in my mind that I can never be content with my own life unless I help others live better as well. Some say I am wrong and I will never believe them. I think many people think they are doing very much for others but if that were true our country would not have so many easy to solve problems.

So, one of my life goals is to come to be able to meet those people who may not be around much longer for the purpose of finding the few who would like to share advice and memories.

I can think of few things more exciting than finding that man or woman or couple who would love to have their TV or radio repaired and spend the day talking about anything that comes to mind.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:02 PM
15GP22 demo @ ETF 2007

Quote:
My roundie came from a home that remained unused and furnishised from 1973 to about 2005.

Stranger things have happened and will keep happening.
Ditto Bobby. My '56 Philco roundie came from a home that remained unused and furnishised from 1964 to 2005
Old 11-19-2006, 08:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

strange things

Well, although I remain skeptical about the possibility of more of those 300 roundie color sets coming to the surface, I have to admit that not only strange, but really bizarre stuff do happen. Some years ago, in a small town in the state in which I live, a guy found a brand new, never used 1920's Ford automobile resting completely desassembled in a farm. I don't remember if it was a Model T or a Model A. The story is pathetic: since 1919 all Ford's were imported to Brazil as CKD's ( Completely Knocked Down kits ) and assembled at a local Ford plant. This farmer thought that he could save money by buying the CKD and finding someone in his area to do the assembling, or maybe even doing it himself. Fact is, there was no one nearby able to do it, and so the car spent more than 70 years unused. If only I knew this family was so silly: I was told that they exchanged this ultra-rare find for an air conditioner for their house!

And in 1985 a similar thing happened: in a warehouse in a port people found a 1955 "Oval Window" VW Beetle that was also never used! Someone imported the car in 55 but didn't had the money to pay the import tax. So it spent three decades resting, until it was discovered.
Audiokarma
Old 11-19-2006, 10:57 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I appreciate the info!
I heard Bonanza was broadcast in color since '59.
It is very cool to think of the pretty lady still doing her thing to this day.

That is a great shot of the camera.

Can somebody identify that camera and the year it came from?

Thanks!
60's era GE color camera?

-Steve D.