Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Talking Model Number For A 70s Sony Trinitron

I am trying to find the model number of a Sony Trinitron I had in the 1970s. It looked very similar to this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1970...item2a23a0f1dc but it had 13 or so chrome rectangle channel buttons and behind the buttons was a door that if you opened, it had small thumb wheels that you used to set and fine tune the channel for each of the rectangle buttons. It was a little bigger than this one here too.

Thank you,
Zune

Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 AM
VideoKarma Member

Oh I pretty certain I found it here on this site:

http://www.gallagher.com/photos/2007...trinitron1.jpg

Although I thought ours was a little bigger than this. Did they make a slightly larger model of this?

Thanks,
Zune
Old 10-12-2012, 08:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

An yes 1982 is probably the right year.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

That model came in several sizes; 17,19,and maybe 21". But if yours had thumb wheels for the channel position programming, I think that means it was non-remote (the remote models had small black pots which you turned with a plastic tool that was kept inside the door). It might have been a KV-1911 or KV-1922; both were appx 1978 models. The last one with thumb wheels I think, was the KV-1923 (your "I think I found it" photo), which as you said is early 80s. I think 19" was the biggest except for the 26" console KV-2601. I don't remember seeing a 21" version with thumb wheels.

Charles
Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 AM
VideoKarma Member

You sir are a genius! As soon as I Googled and saw the KV-1922 pictured, there is no doubt that is it! http://www.radiomuseum.org/images/ra...922_753339.jpg

Thank you very much!
Audiokarma
Old 10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
VideoKarma Member

And I know this is the weirdest thing, and is just a freaky coincidence but see the dent in the speaker in this picture. I did the SAME thing in same spot with ours trying to use my big toe as a remote. Maybe many people did. My Dad still talks about how mad that made him! It would be so weird if this was my actual old TV pictured though.... LOL! I was living in FL in the 90s and my parents were still using this and decided to upgrade. They gave me this one and when I left FL, I left it at the house I lived in because it was too big to haul and I really do miss it. It likely ended up in a FL flea market. I miss it probably because it was our first color TV and I grew up with it. We even had the rotary antenna on the roof (until cable came to our neighborhood) and we used and old label maker to put the channels on the electric rotor box. I can still remember playing with that rotor box find that best spot where channel 13, 8 or 3 came in the best! Thanks again for finding this. Great website!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Ah, the KV-1922. That was my first new color TV set. I have lots of good memories of mine, including when I went to sell it and ended up getting a guy put in jail for bad checks.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 10-13-2012, 11:27 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunebuggy View Post
You sir are a genius! As soon as I Googled and saw the KV-1922 pictured, there is no doubt that is it! http://www.radiomuseum.org/images/ra...922_753339.jpg

Thank you very much!
Not a genius... Just a trainee at a Sony factory-authorized shop in the 80s

Charles