Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Unhappy The RCA Bowl blown up...

Where the Indianapolis Colts used to play. Sportscaster said the place was a dump...
Old 12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Mark

It was funny, I was showing my girlfriend a part from a CTC 9 and talking about RCA when the news announced it being blown up. Dump or not, it was still the RCA Bowl....
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
McIntosh MC2205, C26
Old 12-23-2008, 04:32 PM
VideoKarma Member

Its sad to see it go. If a facility lacks any modern conveinences, like a 100 terawatt sound system that will have your ears bleeding, a concession stand within 10 feet of where you sit and 1000 LCD TV's everywhere, then everyone considers the place a "dump". Screw them, it was probably a good place to watch a game without all that bs.
Nothing left now, no more ties to RCA.

Mark, did your girlfriend actually show interest in your CTC-9? Lucky you if so. My TV interests has scared all the women away, which is to be expected I guess, but certianly not intended.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:43 PM
THE A-1 WIRELESS MAN

Lots of great times at the RCA Dome, The roof is being recycled into umbrellas and other items for the INDY parks. Thanks to the GOV and Lucas Oil, we now have another they all look the same stadium. if you check out INDYSTAR>COM its all there.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh4683 View Post
Its sad to see it go. If a facility lacks any modern conveinences, like a 100 terawatt sound system that will have your ears bleeding, a concession stand within 10 feet of where you sit and 1000 LCD TV's everywhere, then everyone considers the place a "dump". Screw them, it was probably a good place to watch a game without all that bs.
Nothing left now, no more ties to RCA.

Mark, did your girlfriend actually show interest in your CTC-9? Lucky you if so. My TV interests has scared all the women away, which is to be expected I guess, but certianly not intended.
You're totally right about the stadium, damn shame it's gone. If the game is good enough, what do you need all that fancy crap for? I don't know about her showing interest in the 9 but at least she humors me. She's not nuts about the tvs but at least she appreciates them and watches them with me. And listens to me ramble on and on about them until her eyes glaze over
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
McIntosh MC2205, C26
Audiokarma
Old 12-23-2008, 10:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

I could have been more than the lack of TVs, etc. A few years ago, I went to a college bowl game at the Cotten bowl in Dallas. This stadium was built in 1936. I had read that it was "More decrepit than the Colleseum in Rome", etc and had not believed this. However, it was pretty bad-the bathrooms were not working correctly and flooding, you could not reach the concession stands during halftime for the crowds in the small asles(Actually, the asles in the Roman Collesium were larger-I have been there on vacation) and your knees were in the back of the person in front of you. At the time, Oklahoma University and the University of Texas were threatening to leave(their fall football game is held there) unless something was done.

Luckily for the Cotten Bowl, quite a bit of money was spent restoring the stadium and it is still in use. Having not been there since the restoration, I do not know how they fixed the knee in the back issue.

You will have to ask the people in Indiana for the reasons that money was not found to restore the RCA bowl.