Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Found a WWI western Electric navy radio in a abandoned house...almost!

Hi Everyone, as the title suggests, I found it, almost. The radio is a wwi Western Electric CW-936 Navy transmitter/receiver it includes the cw-938 tx/receiver, CW-928 power switch unit and CW-929 Horn speaker. I don't have them in my possession because they are in another state and getting them would be illegal as they are in a abandoned home. I found them by watching a youtube urban explorer video. The kid doesn't know what they are or their worth> 4k? you can see the power switch unit in the video thumbnail and see the horn speaker in the video and the transceiver at 14 min 46 seconds of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Z_fRw-UM8
Old 04-25-2020, 06:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

One of the best abandoned house vids I've seen. It's almost too good to believe in 2020. Especially with the antiques sort of put on display. What I don't get too is that if it's that easy to get into, and it's in a populated area, it should be completely ransacked and cleaned out. They way it looks there, it's still part of a family's estate and like breaking into someone's home. As far as the radios, it's a shame that they could possibly get tossed into a dumpster by someone who just wants to clear the home to put it up for sale.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

"As far as the radios, it's a shame that they could possibly get tossed into a dumpster by someone who just wants to clear the home to put it up for sale. "
Yep that is the worst thing about this house, I don't have a youtube account to post a message to the uploader to see if he or his dad could find out who the owner/estate is and contact them. Maybe in a best case scenario the kid and his dad could purchase salvage rights from the legal owner of the property and everyone could win. I just want to pass the word around on the internet of old electronics to see if we can brainstorm to save rare pieces of history.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

A new development in this radio story, It looks like that this house is semi known among the Urban Exploration circles, Today i found another youtube channel called Abandoned NorthJersey who has made over 6 videos over this house divided over the last 3 years. Here is a video where he shows another piece of that set up hidden in a corner. it is a audio amp that feeds the transmitter, you can see it a 6:27 in the video from jan 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6spkoI1Ubyk
Decojoe67 you were right about it looking like it is on display! the reason everything looks so set up is because of the number of Urb exp filming the same house over and over. 2 years earlier A.N.J. sets three of those pieces together for filming. you can see in a video from 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7sUyOmsmVk