Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-01-2017, 05:34 PM
self-help dreams

Happy National Donut Day! What's your favorite?

I had a long hard day at work followed by a peaceful CLEANING SESSION with my collection (darn dust, it gets everywhere in my basement)...now I'm off for donuts!

I've been doing SUPER WELL with my diet and I know I shouldn't cheat but I get a dozen on NDD every year. And it's patriotic too! It goes all the way back to 1917 during World War 2 when the Salvation Army would send pretty donut girls to give wonderful donuts to our soldiers in France!

I would send a donut to a friend serving overseas but alas I know no soldiers. Perhaps I can find a mailing address and make a soldier's day while he's out there #FightingForFreedom!

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Just so excited! Have a fun day guys!
Old 06-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinBarby View Post
I had a long hard day at work followed by a peaceful CLEANING SESSION with my collection (darn dust, it gets everywhere in my basement)...now I'm off for donuts!

I've been doing SUPER WELL with my diet and I know I shouldn't cheat but I get a dozen on NDD every year. And it's patriotic too! It goes all the way back to 1917 during World War 2 when the Salvation Army would send pretty donut girls to give wonderful donuts to our soldiers in France!

I would send a donut to a friend serving overseas but alas I know no soldiers. Perhaps I can find a mailing address and make a soldier's day while he's out there #FightingForFreedom!

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Just so excited! Have a fun day guys!
Yes, Krispy Kreme is giving away freebies and Dunkin Donuts a free donut with the purchase of a beverage on 6/2. I'm taking the daughter to KK for a breakfast treat tomorrow and a dozen to the parts place where my brother works.

http://krispykreme.com/NDD

We know ya meant WWI...
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Old 06-01-2017, 11:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

Krispy Kreme is based in Winston-Salem, NC about 20 minutes away from me. We used to sell Krispy Kremes to raise money for the junior high band.

My favorite is the chocolate cake doughnut, pictured below. That and a glass of milk.

Here's their complete menu.

http://www.krispykreme.com/Menu/Doughnuts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chocolate.jpg (6.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsowers View Post
Krispy Kreme is based in Winston-Salem, NC about 20 minutes away from me. We used to sell Krispy Kremes to raise money for the junior high band.

My favorite is the chocolate cake doughnut, pictured below. That and a glass of milk.

Here's their complete menu.

http://www.krispykreme.com/Menu/Doughnuts
Tim Horton's used to have those, but they were known as the chocolate sour cream glazed donut. Sour cream glazed, physically identical to that one other than the color is still available. There's also chocolate glazed, same coating but in an ordinary donut shape.

Another favorite of mine is the toasted coconut donut. They're a bit hard to come by.

It would certainly be nice to have National Donut Day here, maybe the month before like our Thanksgiving.
Old 06-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

B̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶u̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶l̶d̶.̶.̶ ̶J̶e̶r̶r̶y̶'̶s̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶u̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶m̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶B̶r̶a̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶T̶X̶!̶ ̶A̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶e̶-̶i̶n̶-̶t̶h̶e̶-̶w̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶B̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶4̶0̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶.̶

Oops scratch that! Just went there, less than a mile from my house. Seems Jerry has retired and sold the store. The new owners have changed the recipes. Donuts not light and airy any more, thick bread-like texture. Thicker white glaze more like cake icing. Yuck. I'd rather buy Kroger's donuts now. All good things eventually come to an end.

Last edited by Ed in Tx; 06-02-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 06-02-2017, 08:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Don't go to Voodoo Donuts. Just...don't.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:38 AM
M is for Memory

I've always been partial to KK custard filled chocolate glazed....I'm probably not going to celebrate NDD though. Only KK I know out here has been closed a while.

I've never liked DD much, IMHO they are a good way to clog an artery. The grease they use will not wash off your hands...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-02-2017, 08:56 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

In the old days, the Krispy Kreme place was on the way outta town back to Bugtussle. If we had been GOOD kids, maybe Henry, my dad, would stop & get a couple dozen, & some milk. My faves ? Chocoate coverd w/Kreme centers....
Old 06-02-2017, 01:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

My donuts got to have something in the middle because they are to dry with out it.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:11 PM
<---WANTED: Motorola 17P6

Jelly filled works for me, otherwise chocolate whatever works..

SR
Audiokarma