Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-26-2023, 03:08 AM
I love old stuff

Got me for free a 2001 "Sony" Trinitron tv

Yesterday I pushed the button of the elevator in order to call it. "Out of order". It was at a floor bellow me and I thought I knew who blocked it.
Going on that floor, I've seen an neibghour and a guy who does some apartament bulding cleaning carring an big tv set. I asked them if they are taking it to the recycling and the neibghour sayed "yes".
I asked him if it's a "Sony" and again yes.
I sayed if I can have it. The neibghour says it's old, with tube, "do you like old tech" in a way that it was making some fun of me. I sayed I do. He agree to give it to me (the other neibghour, who was getting stuff out of the apartament also had an L.C.D. tv set, but I choose the C.R.T. one).
Anyway, the neibghour was quite making fun of me liking the old set. But when I've told him about an old tech called LaserDisc. He was amazed when: I've told him, when I show him a disc and when he found that I also have players (he thought I just have the disc). He asked me to show him the LaserDisc operating, but this will be another day.
Oh, the set it's a KV-29LS30K. Assambled in January of 2001 in Spain. A few month younger then the one that's in my house since 12-12-2000. But it's bigger, it's stereo and it haves more features.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:49 AM
VideoKarma Member

Very good! Good choice, the CRT one (my choice hehe)!

Laser Disc (LD), ahhh, those enourmous shiny disc. New generations never ever know about it.

Oh, about knowed people thrashing away withou calling us , some time ago a relative throwed away a good CRT monitor with almost no use