Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile

The people over in the "tube audio" forum of AK are familiar with the tube audio amps used in Magnavox consoles. Turns out these amps sound really good, after any bad caps are replaced if necessary.

The TV is a B&W, and looks to be easily "overhauled", as the fact that it presents a decent picture as it is means that the hard to obtain parts are working (flyback, yolk, CRT, power transformer) and look to be in good shape.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Has anyone else noticed that channel indicator on the bottom right of the screen? Does that thing actually work by having a motor turning a disc (with a light shining behind it), that is activated whenever you change the channel? With it being not too near the tuner, I'm not sure how else it could work.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Has anyone else noticed that channel indicator on the bottom right of the screen? Does that thing actually work by having a motor turning a disc (with a light shining behind it), that is activated whenever you change the channel? With it being not too near the tuner, I'm not sure how else it could work.
Yes, that is basically how it works. This console also has an auto tuner button that you press to change the channel automatically It physically turns the tuner dial automatically). It works perfectly. I also have the original remote control, but i cant seen to get it to work.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250rider View Post
Welcome to the forum, Matt! That's a very nice set... I've had a couple of those. It's a Black & White set, and was top of the line. I can't tell for sure from the photo, but it may be a 27" tube (or at least the 24 if not the 27).

What part of LA are you in? I know a few people who might be able to give you a hand with it. I'm not too far, so I might be able to take a look at it myself if I can find some time.

Charles
Hey Charles, just wondering if the offer is still on the table for the help? Id be willing to pay for your gas and time if thats an issue. Thanks! -Matt
Old 09-20-2008, 11:08 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcarranza View Post
Hey Charles, just wondering if the offer is still on the table for the help? Id be willing to pay for your gas and time if thats an issue. Thanks! -Matt
I haven't had a chance to get away, no problem on gas & no $ needed... Just need to find some free time. I really enjoy working with TVs, so I'm happy to take a look at it and at least help figure out where you stand on it. We have a few construction projects that need to be done before winter, so once I get a hand on those, I'll be a little more available. PM me for my eMail and phone... I don't always check AK messages as quickly.

Charles
Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post

It uses a flexible shaft cable to transfer the rotation of the tuner to the dial drum up front. Much like a speedometer cable. Ive only seen this on Magnavox sets.