Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:50 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ah--OK, fair enough....

My advice is a little shall we say, Generic, relying on my experience of similar UK sets,having never seen or worked on your model.

With the (Philips) circuit I'm referring to, which wouldn't be completely different, the shunt-reg was set up by measuring the current across its cathode-resistor, this directly indicated the current.

I'm assuming you have tried new EHT Rec valve and shunt-reg. Its possible you have overwind issues or maybe the tuning of the line-stage is upset or wrong...
--Check the current drawn by the line-stage, is it correct?

Was the set stored in damp conditions maybe? Moisture in the overwind is an issue with some UK sets, and gives the effect of OK operation for say half hour, then slowly falling EHT, ballooning picture with a dark/black hole in the middle and finally nothing on the screen.
Leave to cool, and the same can be repeated.....

IME Picture size was Never completely solid on a valve stage set--up to 1/4 inch ballooning from dark to full brightness would be acceptable....