Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-05-2003, 05:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

I thought that 15G would have gone higher,thought i seen one once on e-bay that went for like 2grand..
I also wondered when the last year those tubes where available,I had been asking several tv station engineers if they had any of those laying around in their storage areas from years ago..one enginner said " oh i remember those" we had a bunch of new ones and tossed them a few years ago" he said they would never use them and were considered junk....wish i had asked around 3 years ago..!!
I know tim wants one bad.. well lets see..how many members are there here..? and if everyone donated 20 bucks.. he may be able to get one during the next listing..(if one ever pops up again)
terry
Old 11-05-2003, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Hey, thanks for the great idea!

Ever since I started piecing my first CT together with parts from everywhere around the country, I decided that I was somehow, some way going to make it work. Now that I have two "complete" sets, there's got to be enough parts between them to make, well, something.

Which reminds me, I have to call the refinisher to see how the cabinet's doing, it should be about done. The second one is going to go there too. I almost thought about selling the second set just because it's gonna cost a lot to get the cabinet redone (as did this one), but the way I look at it, the set's waited a long long time to be rescued from its existence by me, it has the time to wait just a little longer.
Old 11-05-2003, 11:40 AM
PaulC

I just checked through my old radio club newsletters. A member of the club also found an expermintal 15GP22 at an old suburban Philadelphia repair shop. I checked but the serial number is different so he wasn't the seller.

About 15 years ago I use to go to a parts distributor in Trenton, NJ. I would stop by every few weeks for caps and such. While talking to the counter man he mentioned he had boxes of NOS round tubes up in the attic. I asked what he had and how much. He said it would be too much trouble to go up there to take a look but they were going to do some remodeling and then they would come down and I could have them all. I gave him my number and every time I stopped back in I would ask about them. Then the last time I went in and asked about the tubes he said they got them down the previous week and threw them out. Gee, thanks. I wasn't the biggest spending customer but he knew someone was interested. One of the kids then made a comment about how they popped when he threw them in the dumpster. I aways wondered what could have been up there.

Paul
Old 11-07-2003, 04:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

ct-100

realigned..!
terry
Old 11-07-2003, 04:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

ct-100 pic this eve

realigned..first since i moved..
for tim..
terry
Audiokarma
Old 11-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Administrator

<sigh>

"Maybe I'll grow up to be like that one day"......