Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-22-2024, 05:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Inspired on things like this, is my motivation to try to experiment with my delta gun TV I mentioned.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Don't move the dual yoke assembly. The deflection yoke should be inside the assembly and held in place with wingnuts that slide in grooves on the assembly. You should be able to loosen the yoke wingnuts and pull back on them to move the deflection yoke independently of the convergence yoke and dual yoke assembly. RCA and Zenith adopted similar assemblies when they went to solid state.
I took note of everything, so when I have free time to play with this TV (hopefully soon).
Old 01-22-2024, 09:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

One of these times I'll get around to replacing the wrong value cathode capacitor on the vertical output.
56uf (661-EKXJ201ELL560MJ2) vs the correct 50uf (75-TVA1414-E3).

Each and EVERY color set that I have seen so far, has had the same thing, a 50uf in parallel with a 5.6k 3w resistor that goes to the convergence circuit, so my error of going with the cheaper 56uf years back has to be having SOME effect on things, and perhaps why I can never get vertical height and linearity to behave quite right on the set.

I did have the right cap on hand should something major enough to make me pull the chassis on the set, but I used it in the Magnavox last year, got to get another one, I DO have 50uf 500v Radial, but that would be kinda a waste to use in a 150v circuit.

But, in the meantime, it did clean up rather well!
Old 01-22-2024, 10:24 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

The usual wide tolerance on electrolytics means that you cannot depend on 50 vs. 56 making the difference you want, but would have to measure the cap to be sure the change is in the desired direction.

Tolerance on the part you listed is +/- 20%, so the actual value of a particular 56 uF could easily be smaller than the value of a particular 50 uF.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well, every SAMS says that the Sprague TVA1414 is the correct replacement, and I did put them in the Hoffman Colorcaster and Maggie, and even the GE, and they all seemed OK, it was just the 16XL, that I goofed it up, and have yet to fix it, added to the annoyance list on the set, along with the vertical blanking fix and delay line grounding correction.

SOME DAY, something serious enough will happen to make me pull the chassis, but, as of now, not yet!
Audiokarma