Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another "NEW" Museum Knoxville, Tennessee

Well folks,

Last week I finally got my new building permit for a 5000 SF building here in Knoxville, Tennessee. It's unfortunately in the city limits and only took 8 months to get and I'm sure there will be more hurdles to jump through once it is started. (Handicap bathroom and parking space etc etc) As many of you know my main warehouse on the same site was destroyed by fire last April 11, 2015. I lost many vintage computer systems, military radio gear, televisions, radios, studio cameras, radio broadcast gear and much more. Fortunately most of my good stuff was in other buildings although many un-replaceable items were lost. I am building it specifically to be a museum to properly display a 45 year collection.

What may make it a little different from my other friends' museums is my microphone collection, a complete set of RCA studio cameras from their beginning to their end with many other brands such as a DuMont Electronicam with serial number 1 and have the control room stuff from a local TV station. I plan on having working studio cameras as well as a complete vintage radio station setup. (I am still looking for a pair of transcription turntables to replace what was burned up)

I still need help for other artifacts and if anyone is knowledgeable of items that may be available that I can use, I would be most interested in hearing from you. Every broadcast museum that I know of offers mostly unique and different items that are either regional or one of a kind that makes each one very unique and are never boring. I onlly hope that I can fill in there somewhere with special items and be worth driving to. I will overcome the fire and perhaps call my new building "The Phoenix"!!

If anyone wants to contact me, my email address is julianburke51@gmail.com and my cell phone is 865-567-eight nine six zero.

That you all for you previous support!!!

If you google "julian burke fire" you will read all about the fire and see what the current site looks like. Nine fire companies were dispatched to the fire.

Last edited by julianburke; 06-07-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Update: The new building is built. It is 60 feet wide and 80 feet deep with a 12' ceiling height and is a beautiful structure. My latest hurdle is the cinder block wainscoating is leaking-even when a sealer and paint have been applied. Stay tuned!!
Old 01-29-2017, 12:19 AM
M is for Memory

Nice. Hope this one has a sprinkler system.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-29-2017, 09:15 AM
Peanut Head

Best of luck!

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

Corporately, are you a 501c3? Do you need things like equipment racks, older-style video patchbays?

Chip
Audiokarma
Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Julian,

I know this has been a very long term dream that is now becoming a reality. Having seen the microphone collection, I can attest that it is one of the most amazing collections anywhere! And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I'll look forward to visiting!

Chuck Conrad
The Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications
www.txmbc.org
Old 02-21-2017, 08:09 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am working on being a 501C3. What I do need is display cabinets and shelves. I have some equipment racks but need a few "radio station items" such as a couple of transcription turntables.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Glad to see this reality. And you getting up and running again to some degree.