Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Dick Head.

Depending on context, calling someone a Dick-Head can start a fight or be taken as a joke, so I freely admit it; I AM A DICKHEAD. Why? Because I have been driving people quietly nuts looking for a user manual for a Toshiba CT-90043, written on the remote control. You can see where this is going can't you. The number was for the remote, not for the TV.

What I needed was the number written in large friendly letters on the back of the set. Quick inquiry to Toshiba and they directed to their manual site where new and 'archive' manuals can be downloaded for free.

Once again, I AM A DICKHEAD!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Another place to check, for old radios, anyway, is the BAMA reflector. Its primarily for Boatanchors, though.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Not sure how I got here.

I often wondered if you can get a schematic for those Insignia DTV converters NS-DXA1-APT just in case one day off in the very distant future I may have to fix one of mine......... you know just in case our govment didn't specify top quality parts in their zillion dollar give away to the Chinese electronics companies to help kill off OTA tv..... you know.... just in case... maybe one day.... not till years away.... Probly a bad cap in there.... somewhere.... waiting.... Yah I know I'm a Dickhead....
Old 04-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Screw BOTH of you guys, the Horse you rode in on, & the Colonel what sent ya...I'm a Shithead....So there...N'yah !! (grin)
Old 04-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

Username1-

If you can find a manual for a Zenith DTT901 tuner, it should be the same.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Audiokarma
Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Not sure how I got here.

Yes I know - those were the only two DTV boxes I bought. I read everything on those things before I decided on a model. I did not want one with a external power supply I think that's just stupid, but the new mini switching ones ain't bad. And I knew heat is the killer of electronics, so I voted no on any that reviewers said ran hot. And there were a few that has sound problems and other poor reviews on picture quality. The Insignia and Zenith, both made by Insignia seemed best and I did get a few extra, but still I have looked for the manuals but no luck. I'll have to try Sams one day. The only thing about those Insignia's is that red light when its off...... reminds me of the red light on the news camera that is the "live" one.... I've always been slightly bothered by the RED pilot light when its off......
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV View Post
Username1-

If you can find a manual for a Zenith DTT901 tuner, it should be the same.
My 3yo Digital Stream took a dump the other day. There was a power dip during a storm. The indicator lite was dimly lit and wouldn't turn on. I took it apart and as we all know, one of the 'littics was bulging. 470 mfd @ 16v. Separate, tiny power supply. Easy fix.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Motorola Minion

The BBC wishes to apologize for the anti-imported turn this sketch has taken.....

The Channel Master CM-7000 was made in Bulgaria and many buttons on the remote were never defined in the unit...they do NOTHING...but its my most sensitive ( behind the Zenith and Digital stream) and least prone to software malfunctions....go figure

I have several DTV converters, some out in the cold barn, some in the hot as hell attic , and no problems....yet....but when I do...you-uns will hear about it and how I roll on it.

Sir Richard Cranium (aka dick head)
Old 05-24-2012, 09:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

On one of my Digital Stream using the remote would freeze up the unit. I put a small heat sink on the large chip on the board and so far so good (a couple of months now). The first symptom before freeze up was an aggravating high speed channel roll thru when the channel up/down buttons were depressed. The heat sink cured that too!
So far no bad capacitors (yet)!
(Can't say that for the 42 inch Vizio though......)
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM
<---i like it

lol everyone makes mistakes

some people say that the best things in life are free, now with the drop of the dollar free costs .50 cents. ;-)
Audiokarma
Old 05-25-2012, 12:52 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Screw BOTH of you guys, the Horse you rode in on, & the Colonel what sent ya...I'm a Shithead....So there...N'yah !! (grin)
But I was sent by General Electric to give you the medal of honor(he'll be mad that you're still calling him Colonel BTW).....ohh well.
Yall can go kiss a badger!...I'm a cheese head!....smelling the sweet dairy air of Wisconsin.

The Lone Ranger will be mad that you insulted silver whom I borrowed for the day BTW.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4