Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Early Color TV:First Pre-Recorded Color Show

Some of you have probably already seen this, but I have attached a link to the first show ever recorded in color, a 1958 Fred Astaire special. Does anyone know where I can get the entire show? I found a couple of p2p downloads for it but I'm spooked about unknowingly downloading malware.

http://www.ev1.pair.com/colorTV/NBCcolortape-video.html
Old 11-21-2008, 01:49 AM
que trabaja pierde tiempo

this video I had already found 3 years ago on that site. It was 50 years but is present as a television director, a true masterpiece.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

The rights to the Astaire specials are in the iron grip of his estate (i.e., his widow Robyn) and will probably never see the light of day again. They were rebroadcast once about ten years ago on the Disney Channel; tapes and DVDs from these broadcasts occasionally turn up on eBay, which is probably your best bet. Worth the trouble as the shows are great, aside from their technological importance.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdocs View Post
The rights to the Astaire specials are in the iron grip of his estate (i.e., his widow Robyn) and will probably never see the light of day again. They were rebroadcast once about ten years ago on the Disney Channel; tapes and DVDs from these broadcasts occasionally turn up on eBay, which is probably your best bet. Worth the trouble as the shows are great, aside from their technological importance.
I'll look for them.

I know Robyn well from her days as a jockey...

Found the item here and purchased it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=110311484113

I think its important historically to own this. BTW, I have a ton of old TV (50's and 60's) on DVD or VHS if anyone ever wants to trade (sports, variety, comedy, some drama). I hardly ever use my old TVs for anything other than vintage programming.

Last edited by ihmeyers; 11-21-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Found item on ebay
Old 11-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Frenchy

I got all three dvds on Ebay, yes you just have to check it once in a while, they come and go and only seem to be one-item auctions. Too bad they don't still have the Chrysler promos contained within.
Audiokarma