Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Introductions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Can't find the right place to post this

Okay, I'm a paid subscriber, but can't delete posts from this site. I can on AK, but not VK. Why is that? It was my understanding that the membership was for both? If I look at my User CP in AK I can see a link for paid subscriptions, but doing the same here doesn't show it.

I sometimes find I've posted before I had the information correct and it would be better to delete the post instead of trying to edit it.

Anyway, I couldn't find a spot to post about issues like this or how to contact any system people, so here I post.
Thanks!

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Old 10-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Paid subscriber is an AK thing, not a VK thing. The status doesn't give any different rights or privileges here because we don't have subscriber forums.

If memory serves, there was an issue quite some time ago with a member deleting all of their posts in a popular thread, thereby making the whole thread not make sense and be almost worthless. But this is from memory.

You can edit your posts to correct the information, or delete all the information in a post, but you cannot delete the fact that you made a post. The admins can restore any and all posts in case of someone hacking an account trying to delete a member's posts, etc.

If you need something deleted, just PM any of the admins, including myself
Old 10-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Got it. Thanks.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Old 10-17-2013, 05:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Just curious: I noticed some members on VK have an icon that says they're AK members.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Those were subscriber banners that were transferred over at user's request. It's not automatic since we don't have subscriber forums here....
Old 10-18-2013, 12:54 PM
M is for Memory

The videokarma forums used to be sub forums of audiokarma until several years back when they were split off. Many users here were originally AK members and were given memberships here/had their accounts duplicated over when the split occurred...I visited AK before the split, but did not sign up until some time afterwards....Because of that I signed up to VK first, and later decided to join AK too.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4